tweak for hiberfil.sys on another drive?

Mainframeguy

Debiant by way of Ubuntu
Now at the moment I shut down with power off and just satisy myself with tweaking for a fast shutdown and reboot.... but I was thinking about hibernation since I use that on my less critical notebook.... OK call me paranoid, but I was thinking if I could have my hibernation file on my secondary (first line backup) HD I would have a warmer feeling.

But when I search the registry I comes up with nada - except exclusions for file from backup.

Anyone know of a tweak? I'm off to google but thought I would ask here too to share and because I know the answer is often here... :cool:

Never heard of something like this, although it would be nice if it were possible.
smile.gif

Hmm...I don't see anything about moving hiberfil.sys on that page, Lee.
It just shows you how to turn it off.

'fraid netryder is correct Lee - in fact I had already seen that page on another matter (found the hiberfil was "in use" on another pooter when I tried to do something... :eek: )

full marks for trying - thanks, but this is still just a tweak to turn it off, at risk of repetition what I am after is to USE it BUT with the file on a different disc from Windoze (IE not my bootable HD) such that if things went phut I could, in theory, recover my drive contents an re-emerge from hibernation intact. A long shot I know, but maybe I was feeling ambitious in my tweaking today ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back