Tv Wonder™ Ve

K

killerk

I am looking for WORKING drivers for this tv tuner card. I was able to find some gross drivers that cause a very staticy display on the monitor.

The fix from the ati website was, somthign along the lines of:

You must change the change the refresh rate, everytime you open the program and the picture goes normal. It is not refreshing it to a specific value, it's just that refreshing it causes the video to be clear.

ATI explains this behavior is by design and there will be no updated drivers for it.

<lame customer rant that no one wants to hear>
LOL - are they seriouS???

This is retarded, ATI should support their TV cards with XP, especially since there are not very many that are just "TV Tunder cards"

</lame customer rant that no one wants to hear>

:)

perhaps if you explained the problem along with system specs... we might be able to help you better?

:)

name of thread : TV wonder VE
name of Forum : Drivers

I thought it was pretty self explanitory, anyway. It doesn't really matter because if the ATI website doesnt' have the drivers, then there is not really anywhere else they would be.

I thought that maybe someone might have a suggestion for me, or have had the same card and maybe had a work around for me to try.

I did not request a comment. Especially one that did not have a question in it, and thus was not called for.

Comment edited for flaming a staff member - Jewelzz

For anyone else who was having this issue, I just downloaded the beta of the "Multimedia Center 7.6 (beta)" and it appears to be working fine. I have not yet restarted which is where some of the issues occur.

Download

The only issue appears to be with the sound when changing channels, a loud thud which may damage the speakers. Although this is to be expected as most people with this card have these sorts of issues if they have a sound blaster live! card.

zing.

killerk: I thought Sazar's question was completely called for. Ok, so you have a tuner card... Yeah, but what else? What is your other hardware? This IS important. Besides, "a 6 year old could figure out..." from reading ATI's website (and I quote from something you posted "It doesn't really matter because if the ATI website doesnt' have the drivers, then there is not really anywhere else they would be.") that there is no work around. Have some common sense and lose the attitude.

Originally posted by killerk
name of thread : TV wonder VE
name of Forum : Drivers

I thought it was pretty self explanitory, anyway. It doesn't really matter because if the ATI website doesnt' have the drivers, then there is not really anywhere else they would be.

I thought that maybe someone might have a suggestion for me, or have had the same card and maybe had a work around for me to try.

you have listed a product... you have not listed any specific driver... nor have you listed any system specifications...

it may not seem important to you but it does make a difference...

I have a tv tuner as well... not a VE but they operate on somewhat the same principal.. I also had issues with the card and the reasoning behind my asking for more information was to see if there was anything similar in MY problems and the ones that you were exhibiting...

I also had a popping noise when I changed channels.. and found a work around from using the audio settings within the application itself... play around with your audio settings via preferences (thats what its called on my hauppage tv tuner) and the 'click' on channel change may be eliminated...

there are going to be issues with some of the pci's cards you have... perhaps... and also it is highly possible there is no workaround...

if you ever get into hardware troubleshooting you will realise that information about the setup of the system DOES help...

let me post section of our forum guidelines which can be found @ this URL... http://www.ntfs.org/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=111065#post111065

• Do not use vague words in your topic.
Topics such as "help me" will often be ignored- Members will be more likely to view a thread if the topic is more definitive. We want to help, however we can't if we are not lead to the thread.

• Do not post material that is libelous, obscene, abusive, or that otherwise violates any law or these guidelines.
Flaming - will not be tolerated, while we try to allow people to voice their opinions we do not want to see posts that offend other forum members...

... Foul Language - This will not be tolerated. Please show respect for yourself and the members of NTFS.org. Alot of foul words are automatically removed by the forum software, however some may be missed. If any words are missed, please contact a moderator or administrator

please stay within guidelines... we are volunteering our time to try and assist you... we are not getting paid for this 'service'... all we are really asking for is more info to help YOU... it doesn't serve us any purpose to actually go looking around the internet for drivers/links to help you..

back to your problem...

creative products are known to create some issues in conjunction with other hardware.. either through their hardwre or software... I had to move my sound card to another pci slot to avoid the IRQ errors being generated by the use of the card...

I appreciate the effort here guys, but it just took me installing the beta media center to resolve my issues,

I did take your advice on moving the PCI card to a diff slot already (this was the second thing I did) But, I thank you for that suggestion.

Thank you for bringing my attention to the Forum Guidelines. Now I know that I am not supposed to call you retarded. :rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back