TV Tuner question

zapoqx

Striking Master
I have a Winfast TV 2000 XP and with my Geforce FX 5200 (I know... crappy vid card), I have extended windows enabled so that the 2nd monitor is used for primarily the TV software.

I noticed with my old TV card (A Connexent 2688 I think it was... REALLY old, could only support Intervideo's WinDVR 2), I could only have the TV software on and if I god forbid open a game that used the whole screen... well... I pretty much would have to hard boot.

So Just now, I did a theory with my current TV tuner card. I am playing SpaceCowboy (spacecowboy.net) and the only option is to put it on full screen as far as I know. I can't play the game at the same resolution as my desktop because... well... you get the idea of the video card. I will assume the game runs in DX9 since it requires it. I tried playing SpaceCowboy and the TV on the 2nd moniter so that the game wasn't interfearing with it. Well... I got the game to run as well as the TV software..... but the TV software only plays the sound while I"m in game and not the video.

The Desktop is 1024x768
The 2nd moniter is 1024x768
When I play the game, it is at 800x600 for the main moniter but it doesn't seem like it is changing the 2nd moniter.

Sooo, any ideas or is this typical for TV Tuner's with a Game Software?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back