tv out quality?

M

moooo

I am thinking about getting a videocard and using the tv out feature, but was wondering if the quality is good or not(like is pixxelated or what ever)? also what videocard would be good for this feature?

Originally posted by moooo
I am thinking about getting a videocard and using the tv out feature, but was wondering if the quality is good or not(like is pixxelated or what ever)? also what videocard would be good for this feature?

ati... ati has the best tv out quality on the market... even with its low end cards...

Quality will also depend on the TV set, they were never really made with the intention of displaying fine/small fonts, but are fine for movies/games/images.

ok :)
that works for me thanks for all the help
/me goes out and buys 9800 this weekend
one last thing and i will shut up for the day :D
would it still send out to monitor while i have it hooked up like dual monitor out gfx cards do?

I'd say that's card dependant, Sazar may be able to help you with that one.
I'm still using an old GeForce 2MX 400 and that allows me to dual with the TV out, of course the TV can only do 800x600 but that's enough for me to dump the video window on and watch stuff while I do..whatever I'm doing on the main monitor :)

yah you can set it to use the tv and the monitor at the same time.

Originally posted by Krux
yah you can set it to use the tv and the monitor at the same time.

it basically clones... :)

I have 2 video cards so I can run true dual monitor since I can clone my AIW to tv... but at the same time run windows apps and what not on the other card... you may well be able to do the same with a dual monitor card since it has dual ramdacs... split screen... if watching dvd's or whatever... output to tv (1 monitor cloned) and use other for applications work...

it should work... hypothetically... since its the same as me :)

btw... I have 4 ramdacs in my system :(

pain in the backside lol...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back