Tv card software?

24Seven

Hey all, can anyone recommend some decent tv card software for use with a WinTV Go card. Ive tried the software that they provide you with and frankly its rubbish. Ive also tried some software called DScaler which gives better pictures, bit too advanced for me though :) Id be using it mainly to watch tv, record and capture video from my regular camcorder.

1.8ghz
512MB RD RAM
80gb 7200rpm hdd
geforce3 ti 200
WinTV Go
Audigy platinum EX
Win Xp

incase you need to know.

Thanks in advance.

hi:

i use powervcr

i have an ati value edition capture card and a zoltrix capture card (higher quality)

both work fine with this great program

Real-Time MPEG-1/2 Digital Video and TV Recording Software
PowerVCR II 3.0 Deluxe can turn your PC into a TV and digital video recording center. It lets you record your favorite TV programs, via a TV Tuner card and save them in either VCD or DVD quality. You can also record video from numerous DV and analog sources. It comes with numerous advanced features like Instant TV Replay and Multi-Channel Preview, which will give you total control over the recording process. PowerVCR II 3.0 Deluxe also comes with PowerDVD.

i dont install any ati applications
only the basic drivers and use this program and its great

http://www.gocyberlink.com/english/products/product_main.jsp?ProdId=20

egghead

All-in-Wonder Software

I was given an all-in-wonder. I use it to watch TV. It came with Guide + and ATI TV which I use because I didn't consider ther may be something else out there. Doh!

I'm looking to see if there is better of both products. Will the one above work with my card?:confused: :confused: :confused:

it should as long as you get the latest wdm drivers for it

you will be able to capture in real time mpeg2 vcd to dvd to dv quality
your choice
also time shifting freezetv etc.....

awesome

egghead

You want to pop along to http://www.showshifter.com and try out their "Showshifter" software. I have an ageing Pace TV Card which kind of worked with it's original drivers/software, but showshifter gave it a whole new meaning! Support for virtually all cards and compression codecs including DivX.

TOK:cool:

Thanks alot for your help guys! Im going to check both out, really appreciate it :)

Posted by gothic
You want to pop along to http://www.showshifter.com and try out their "Showshifter" software. I have an ageing Pace TV Card which kind of worked with it's original drivers/software, but showshifter gave it a whole new meaning! Support for virtually all cards and compression codecs including DivX.

TOK:cool:

showshifter is good but it wants the internet too much,

i just installed it again to see if anything is new

going to run spybot and ad-aware to see if it installed anything

cheers
egghead

Hey, got another question for you...

Do you know of any 3rd party drivers that will not confilct with most if not all of the other programs on my system? The ones that came with the card on the CD are making most of the programs on my sytem crash, but when i unistall them it goes back to normal. Ive tried the drivers on the wintv website but when i restart it comes up with the found new hardware wizard etc..... :?

showshifter is crashing on my system and making videos that crash media player
i gave up on showshifter

although i really wanted to test the divx quality and features of this program

i dont know the details of your capture card
post the exact model number

this is the only one i know of

WDM Video Capture Driver for WinMe, Win98SE ,Win2000 and WinXP for Capture Boards based on Brooktree´s Bt848 / Bt849 / Bt878 & Bt879 Chipsets.

http://btwincap.sourceforge.net/

egghead

Gonna download and try out this dscaler. Will air my opinions later. Showshifter will try to access the internet on install IF YOU LET IT!!
Earlier versions were a little quirky, but this present offering has given me no problems to date, tho' does tend to get a mite upset if anything else is running. I have noticed that virtually all TV viewing/recording software is extremely volatile....Pinnacle...Media Studio Pro...etc. all have been thru' my system, and all have their own problems. I liken them to having a really beautiful lady......can't cook, and tends to have just one thing on her mind....(no, not money!!)

TOK

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back