TuxTime

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
Just thought i'd recommend TuxTime, it's along the same sort of lines as Project-Dolphin but based on system uptimes instead of keypresses, you run a small client that periodically sends your uptime to the TuxTime site, Obviously this has no real purpose it's just a bit of fun.
There are currently Windows (Source Available), SNMP, Mac OS X, Linux, BSD, AIX, IRIX and Solaris versions of the client available for download.
Here is my "stats page" that shows all my current/average/record uptimes etc

They even provide images with your uptime in that you can use on your personal site or on forums as a sig/avatar, examples:
uptime.pl

uptime.pl

uptime.pl

uptime.pl

For more info visit: http://tuxtime.dk

Guess no-one's interested

*goes back to sleep*

Im very interested ahaha seeing i never turn off my computer just the ocasinal restart for programs etc.!

That's actually pretty neat.

/me thinks about writing a PHP script to run it from my own site..

PHP:
<? print implode ('', file('http://tuxtime.dk/txt.php?computerid=XX')); ?>
XX = your ID number

you can use the above code in conjunction with the tuxtime server/site to grab your uptime in text form :)

here's mine just as an example, obviously once grabbed onto your own sit you can customize the text...or perhaps even change it with php functions

well you made my job easy.

Cool, I'm gonna check this out when I get home tonight :)

well, i've officially jumped aboard the TuxTime boat. All hands on Jewelzz...i mean on deck. yeah deck.

Me?? SPeedY_B was the one who pointed out the site, not me
All hands on SPeedY_B :D :p

well, nothing against Speedy but: EEEWWWWW j/k Speedy :)

Blap

hah :p

Aaaanyway, there's been a nice un-official client released for TuxTime/Windows you can grab it from here

and this is what it looks like (With a theme applied at least :D )
tuxtime01.png

Parp

Well, just checked back and the fella's released a newer version fixing a few things, v0.2 is available from the same link and looks like so :

tuxtime02.png

Looks like they've got some cheaters though, total uptime of 571812 days, aka 1500+ years?

Originally posted by arson_nick
Looks like they've got some cheaters though, total uptime of 571812 days, aka 1500+ years?

LAMO 1500 Years.

That ain't even a linux box!

That can't be windows.

And an intel would burn out...
no cooling fan would last that long

It's alien technology!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back