TuxTime

Add this to your "aliases"

uptime {
if (%Uptime.Record == $null) { %Uptime.Record = $ticks } | if ($ticks >= %Uptime.Record) { %Uptime.Record = $ticks }

%os = $os
if (%os == XP) { %os = WINXP }
if (%os == 2000) { %os = WIN2K }
if (%os == ME) { %os = WINME }
if (%os == NT) { %os = WINNT }
if (%os == 98) { %os = WIN98 }
if (%os == 95) { %os = WIN95 }

if ($1 == -p) { say $time(hh:nn TT) $+ /ET, %os uptime: $d($round($calc($ticks / 1000),0)) ..( $+ all time best: $d($round($calc(%Uptime.Record / 1000),0)) $+ ) | halt }

echo -i2a $time(hh:nn TT) $+ /ET, %os uptime: $d($round($calc($ticks / 1000),0)) ..( $+ all time best: $d($round($calc(%Uptime.Record / 1000),0)) $+ )
}

Type /uptime -p to display to a channel/query.
Type /uptime to echo it.

Off topic fun.

Good call matt.
I've got something similar somewhere. but i despise mIRC :p and all those stupid add-ons such as acidmax, no offence if you use it, but if you want to use mIRC then just use mIRC, I see no point in getting a pre-modified version, they usually come with very annoying pre-sets etc, It's a lot easier to get mIRC and write your own scripts, or obtain them from elsewhere.
Bleh, small pointless rant over :)

I wrote madness for mIRC. It used to be a team project and we used to have a large following. But then IRC faded and it became part of my past. This past summer I upgraded a few parts of the script and removed the nonsense, coming up with release 7.

-> madness ..r7.madmatt[+15md] u1575x ..thm/fusion

However, I don't even use it, I'd much rather use BX and have the /detach feature at my finger tips.

I actually like acidmax. Sure, it's pre-modded. But, I have customized it the way I like it. It is easily customizable. I have taken some of the premodded scripts and have changed them to suit me. I have added other scripts as well.

After using: Scoop, ircN, Klient, excursion, bitchX, mIrc and acidmax
and on the Mac side: Ircle, Snak, shadowIRC and ChatNet.

Acidmax is what I use most often. It suits me well.

Telnet is the only way to IRC!
Well, it would be if it wasn't so hard and long winded :)

Anyway, each to their own i suppose, I used to use a VERY heavily scripted mIRC (around 50 loaded scripts) most of them i'd made myself when i required the client to do something it didnt already.
BítchX, now, I do like this client and would use it frequently if i had a permenant net connection, but getting cut-off every 2 hours makes the /detach feature worthless to me, great for use on a shell tho (But i got shouted at for leaving screen+bx on efnet for days on end on a shell recently :D)
I now use X-Chat (Win32 port) and it does me fine, i dont need all them utterly pointless scripts i can quite easily type out what system im running, and all that other pointless info :)

while that can be handy, when someone asks what cpu your running they dont need to know EVERYTHING. a simple clock speed and make will do.
I know that stats scripts are good, but they serve no -real- purpose. Instead of telling people my monitor size, amount of ram, free ram, used ram, cpu, used cpu, cpu brand, cache size, what i had for breakfast, case brand, power button shape, and so forth "1Ghz/512mb/whatever else is needed" will do for me :)

I have:

/cpu for cpu info (make and current speed)
/vid for video card info (both video cards)
/mon for monitor info (both monitors)
/mem for memory info (used and available)
/uptime for uptime info (l33t)

etc, etc.

So I can show any little bit I want to show. ;)

Originally posted by xsivforce
I have:

/cpu for cpu info (make and current speed)
/vid for video card info (both video cards)
/mon for monitor info (both monitors)
/mem for memory info (used and available)
/uptime for uptime info (l33t)

etc, etc.

So I can show any little bit I want to show. ;)
oooooooh, fancy. ;)
You can't deny that the copious amount of system stats that get poured into the #ntfs channel when one person uses their script is annoying, It's like some sort of auto-trigger for everyone to tell us every single possible stat about their box :p

yeah, well I have.. uhm.. cookies. yeah!

Originally posted by SPeedY_B

You can't deny that the copious amount of system stats that get poured into the #ntfs channel
That is exactly why I did mine the way I did. It looks bad when the entire /stats is done. That's what I mean by "I customized mine to suit me". I use acidmax but it is not even close to default. I think I may be using the oldest version of acidmax of all who use it on #ntfs. I like it the way it is. I have it tweaked out the way I like it. Why upgrade it. ;)

*makes up a platter of Christmas cookies for the NTFS crew.. gives his buddy Casey___ a special one that says "XSIVFORCE" with red and green sprinkles*

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back