[Tutorial] Using Your Gmail Account On Msn Messenger

Kush

High On Life!
ok a lot of people that i know are asking me this, and maybe some of you guys online wanna do it to but never thought about it or thought it was possible so heres my lil tutorial hope u guys like it.

1.Have a valid Gmail account Ready!

2.go to www.passport.com and click on the register pic on the right side.

3. fill in all the details, except the check mark for sharing my email.(btw your password for msn doesnt have to be the same as the one u actually use for gmail.)

4.save your current contacts on msn messenger by going to contacts-->Save Contact List...

5.after it says that is has successfully saved the contacts list, sign into msn with ur gmail account, now a notifier window will pop up as if u recieved an email except it will say click here to verify your email. if u dont u can still use msn messenger but u cant change your online screen name so i would reccomend you do.

6.after clicking on the notifier it will take you to a page, and tell you to re-enter your password.

7. after doing that an email should come to your gmail account with a link inside that is needed to activate your account fully. click it and then your account will be verifyed, sign out of msn messenger and sign back in, Voila! you can now change your online screen name!

8.now to add your contacts into your new email click contacts --> Import Contacts from saved file...

9. Select the file that you saved from before and there you have it your new gmail account full with your contacts from your old email!

I hope this tutorial helped some of you who thought it wasnt possible to use a non @hotmail or @msn account with msn messenger!

that not really a tutorial, or hard :eek:

you can make a .net passport with any valid email address. hence my msn address is admin@Henyman.com :rolleyes:

i know, but many people dont know that, and the most type of email that people are adding you with on msn is @gmail so many people want to know how to do this

1) save contact list
2) make new .net account
3) import contact list

done!!!!11111111111111

ok, alot of people would not know how to do it the way u just stated, remmber not all people are computer savvy like us that have gmail. my teachers have gmail. so that would take them a year by the way u stated it, alot of people dont even know how to save the contact list. and i am sure alot of the people here will agree with me

and u didnt even mention verifying the account!

The way I see this whole thing is:

thermafia_69 tried to provide some info for our lesser computer savy visitors/members and the cow dumped on him.

Now cowman - please supply an icon in your signature so I can deduct some of your rep points for being a buttocks!!!:p

lol damnyank, good sense of humor

edit: can you plz clean me up :p

i don't have Gmail.

So am I not computer savvy? :confused:

nope, thats why i said all the people also that dont have a @msn ot @hotmail after heny pointed out that its not only @gmail, which i knew but noticed that many people who are getting gmail wanna use it on msn cuz they see somone on their list @gmail and wanna do the same thing, so they come and ask me, so i made a tut for it! :D, u want a gmail acount im sure theres many members here that cant get rid of them like jewelzz and some others, search for the gmail invite thread sorry i dont have any right now

pffft @Henyman.com is better than @gmail.com :p

now I've seen it all.... first Intel versus AMD... then Nvidia versus ATI.... now email wars? :rolleyes:

Don't knock somebody for trying to be helpful.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back