Turning off active desktop

Punkychan

OSNN Addict
I turned on my pc this morning and out of the sudden there is an active desktop displayed on my monitor.I don't want that taskbar on the left side for which I prefer to see the whole of my wallpaper image...I went to display properties >web desktop: but there isn't anywhere I could find how to turn it off.Is there any ??

assuming you're running XP just right click on your desktop>arrange>and uncheck show desktop icons and your icons will be hidden, but your taskbar you can just set it to auto hide

Go to Start/Run, type Control, then open Display Properties.

If you're in Windows 9x, ME, or 2K, go to the Web tab I believe and uncheck everything there.

If you're on XP, do the same but go in the Desktop tab, then click Customize Desktop, and go to the Web tab...

Attachments

• shot2.gif
    shot2.gif
    8.4 KB · Views: 308
Ya ok... you could also use Tweakui for Windows XP, it has an option that does the same.

Attachments

• shot3.gif
    shot3.gif
    13.6 KB · Views: 166

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back