Turning computer on and off

DFX

OSNN Senior Addict
Im running XP Pro, and was wondering..

is there any way I can set my computer to turn itself off at.. 2am

and then turn itself back on at 8am?

there is most likely some kind of program... search download.com or tucows.com you'll find something...

Oh >> IDEA >> fiddle about with Schedule agent. Accessories>> System Tools>> Scheduled tasks...I have the service disabled so i dont know exactly...

That comes up with a list of programs already installed :(

yes...
make a new task in the "scheduled tasks" folder (accessed from start - all programs - accessories - system tools) by right clicking - selecting new - then scheduled task
give the task a name like shutdown or something
double click it
on the "run" line put "shutdown.exe -f -s -t00" w/o quotes (-f tells it it to force all programs to close... -s tells it to shut down... --t00 tells it how long to display a confirmation prompt for shutting down)
then set it to run at 2am every day

too make your computer turn on by itself you will have to enable that in the bios... it should be under something like "power management" or something like that... sorry, i can't give you detailedinstrucions on what to do cause not all bioses are the same.

(note: your powersupply fan will probably stay running but w/o supplying power to the motherboard and your screen will probably display "it is now safe to shutdown your computer"

I'm on my way out, so I can't write this for you

someone will come in and post it

make a batch file. with the shut down shortcut, then you can schedule that

this is a good one...I'm gonna put it on the my favorite tweaks thread when I come back...so whoever writes it gets the credit

see you later

good idea dealer

heres a copy n paste to get you started

a restart button on your desktop:

1. Create a shortcut (Right-click on desktop, select New > Shortcut).

2. For location, type the following:

shutdown -r -t 0 change the r to s for shutdown

:cool:

This threads mashed. All posts in wrong order.

Originally posted by DFX
Is a 'turn on' one possible?

That option is in the BIOS.

BTW, cruiser nice camaro. I have a 92 RS getting ready to be severely modded. :D

Originally posted by DFX
This threads mashed. All posts in wrong order.

:eek: guilty

the thread has merged the posts depending on the time they were posted

:cool:

Originally posted by Ziptrx
BTW, cruiser nice camaro. I have a 92 RS getting ready to be severely modded. :D [/B]

Thank you... I'd like to say it's my car... but it was my mom's... she was going to sell it to me for $4000 Cdn but her neighbor offered $8000 like 3 days b4 I was gonna fly down... so she went with that instead :(
O well... I'm lookin at an '88 IROC.... it's in mint condition w/ original paint... it's pretty much identical to the one in the attatched pic... I'll probably pick it up in the spring... I prefer the '91 + '92 ground effects and spoiler (for the z28) but I can't get t-tops and 5-speed in those years cause they didn't make 'em... so i'll compromise and get something a touch older.

i got a camaro buster for you!!!

its a 78 L82 silver anniversary corvette
from the factory it had a 350 with 350 hp
muncie 4 speed, positive traction

ive done some work to it since ive had now it has 400+ hp
dual exhaust with flowmasters.

ill tell you this much there has been many a nights ive had to come home and clean my drawers after some of the crazy stuff ive done in this car.

to turn the computer on you need the Resume by Alarm feature in you bios Power Management. Set it to everyday and then the time and it should work. Mine does on an msi k7t pro R board

Originally posted by cruiser78
Thank you... I'd like to say it's my car... but it was my mom's... she was going to sell it to me for $4000 Cdn but her neighbor offered $8000 like 3 days b4 I was gonna fly down... so she went with that instead :(
O well... I'm lookin at an '88 IROC.... it's in mint condition w/ original paint... it's pretty much identical to the one in the attatched pic... I'll probably pick it up in the spring... I prefer the '91 + '92 ground effects and spoiler (for the z28) but I can't get t-tops and 5-speed in those years cause they didn't make 'em... so i'll compromise and get something a touch older.

Cool. I compromised with mine. Getting ready to add a Vette LS1 and T56 6sp transmission. :happy:

computerfreak76 come bring that vette to me. I'm just down I85 from you. :p

how bout after you get that LS1 and the six speed i just bring the vette down there and we race title for title?LOL

Nah that's ok, but you could come here and help me put it in. :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back