turn off local display (vnc)

P

powelly

ok we use tight vnc to access remote pc's but id like the ability to turn off the local display? any ideas?

While you are using the PC you want to disable the display on the remote machine? Is that what you mean? If that is the case, then there is no way. All TightVNC does is emulate what the user sees. If you disable display then you will see the same. Give me a little more insight into what it is you are looking to do and I might be able to help you come up with a solution.

yes we want to disable the remote display, I seem to remember that the trojan sub7 had the ability to disable a remote monitor.

The reason we want to do this is so that when we connect to a till (pc based epos) for configuration or password changes some of the screens display all valid user ids in plain text.

so we were hoping for a method to disrupt the remote monitor output but keep the local (vnc) display running

you could use an APC Masterswitch, but:
they are expensive wouldn't make sense unless all the monitors were near each other to justify the price AND you had a network run available to plug into the Masterswitch. If you got one, you would then have 8 remotely controlled power outlets and you could turn off the monitor remotely, make the changes and turn it back on.
Natas

you can go to the display properties panel and set the refresh rate or resolution to something that the monitor can't manage, that worked for me :happy:
or test this version of vnc
Server Screen Blanking, from viewer side

There are other programs

We use proxy master and it has every thing I could think of needing for remote admin. You can set it up to even only allow access during certain times, File Transfers, etc.

Originally posted by dav3st
you can go to the display properties panel and set the refresh rate or resolution to something that the monitor can't manage, that worked for me :happy:
or test this version of vnc
Server Screen Blanking, from viewer side

That verson is perfect

Cheers!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back