Turn off automatic update

q12368c

OSNN Addict
How can I turn off the automiatic update by changing the setting in registry?
please see the attach doc1.doc
it is not allow to enable/disable.

Attachments

• Doc1.doc
    68.5 KB · Views: 147
You could just go to Start -> Run -> Service.msc (or just manage your pc) and disable the automatic updates service.

Could well be forced on by a group policy or the account you are using does not have permission to change that setting.

Should really leave it on though!

I try to disable/enable/stop/start the service, but fail.
my account is administrator
all the options in the automatic update windows is in grey color and can't be select or click or change

Is you computer/account part of an Active Directory domain? If so the policies set by the domain may require you to have automatic updates enabled and that is why the options can not be changed.

I agree with EP, you should really leave automatic updates on either way.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back