Turn in a Software Pirate, Get $500

Dark Atheist

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political Access
The Software & Information Industry Association (SIAA) has decided that they want to try and catch software pirates red handed. If you purchased software from on an online auction site, such as eBay, you might be eligible for a $500 reward if the software is pirated! Here’s how it works:

This campaign will run from December 13, 2007 to January 30, 2008. The Program generally works as follows: The first 100 individuals who inadvertently purchase counterfeit software on an auction site, complete an application to participate in the “Don’t Get Mad, Get Even” program, submit the application to SIIA by no later than 5 pm EST January 30, 2008 and satisfy all the eligibility requirements necessary to participate in the program, will be eligible to receive up to $500 from SIIA. The payment is intended to help the buyer purchase a legitimate copy of the software.

Source
http://cybernetnews.com/2007/12/19/turn-in-a-software-pirate-get-500/

So grass yourself up - get $500 :p

I think I'm gonna turn in the entire forums :smoker:

Go get them boys!

Attachments

• WinXP Pirated.bmp
    76.9 KB · Views: 172
Aaargh!

PirateDog.jpg

So lets see if I get how this works.

You need software that you can't afford, but are ethical, a little chicken, and do not deal with the ebay pirates.

So this policy encourages you to risk paying the pirates $50-100 knowing that if you get a copy that won't activate you turn them in and get the money to buy a legit copy you can't afford. Or if you get a really good hack and it activates you can just use that and know that future pirated purchases may be safe.

Wow, another ingenious idea from the corporate morons. Go Ivy League!

PS Unknownsoul - love the pooch.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back