Turbo Tax 2003

damnyank

I WILL NOT FORGET 911
I just received my copy of Turbo Tax 2003 in the mail today and installed it. I had received the letter below last week in the Nov/Dec Turbo Tax Newsletter, so I was pretty anxious to see what happened. I ran both AdAawre and Spybot S & D right before installation and then again immediately after installation. I obtained a clean installation of Turbo Tax 2003 with no spy/adware installed. Perhaps this is one case where all the grief they received last year helped!

From the November/December Turbo Tax Newsletter:

AN OPEN LETTER TO TURBOTAX CUSTOMERS
In response to feedback from our customers, I want you to know that we're making an important change to TurboTax software and have removed activation technology.

The new TurboTax for Tax Year 2003 Software can be used fully on multiple computers.

Last year, some TurboTax customers were inconvenienced as a result of being prevented from using the software on multiple computers. While many of you had no problem, some of you did. And that's what concerns me most.

I want to personally apologize for any frustration you may have experienced due to the restrictions that came with our use of anti-piracy technology. I've talked one-on-one with quite a few customers, so I know this caused some of you considerable hassle and inconvenience.

You told us that you want the flexibility to install and use TurboTax on multiple computers, and we heard you, loud and clear. We responded back in May by committing to remove the technology from TurboTax for 2003 and now, we've expanded our license agreement so you can use TurboTax fully on multiple computers to do returns for yourself and members of your household. We've also made it possible for you to use your current 2002 version of TurboTax fully on multiple computers.

But that's not all. We're making the things you value most about TurboTax even better. The new TurboTax will give you even more confidence that your return is accurate and complete. We will help you get the most from your deductions. And the new TurboTax will thoroughly handle any changes going on in your life that affect your taxes.

Let me assure you that we are working harder than ever to earn your confidence and trust. This is, and always will be, of the utmost importance to us.

Sincerely,

Tom Allanson, General Manager
TurboTax

Not sure if Adaware or Spybot would have caught it?
As far as I know Turbo Tax used C-Dilla that wrote code to the hard drive that could only be removed by a low level, not a regular format.
Let's hope it is really gone.

I had Spybot pick up CDilla while I was using Turbo Tax 2002 and just never removed it!

When I ran Spybot before installing Turbo Tax 2003 CDilla was present and I checked it (for removal) and removed it!

When I ran Spybot after removal and after installation of Turbo Tax 2003 - it was not detected.

I would never doubt you yoyo- as I too have always understood CDilla was a bugger to get rid of - so maybe it is not truely gone - but I know it did show up in SPybot before and it does not now!

Anything else I could check? Would a search for CDilla turn up anything?

dy, these anti spyware programs are only what thier data base makes them

some of these companies can loby and get themselfs remooved from the data base, even though they are still add ware and spyware

for instance, eudora is no longer recognized as adware by adaware!!!!!

hard to believe

also, the worst program I have ever seen as far as add and spyware, incredimail is also not targeted by these security programs

dealer - I understand what you are saying - but if I run Spybot and it tells me CDilla is present and I delete it and then install Turbo Tax 2003 and run Spybot and there is no CDilla (using the same database in Spybot) it would tend to make me believe that Turbo Tax 2003 is in fact not copy protected by CDilla! Yes??

correct, unless they found a way around the detection process, but I think you r right

You guys are missing the point. Taxcut is cheaper and worked just as well for me last year after TT drove me away with copy protection and registration.

Actually Taxcut worked better. I had printer errors and critical updates that I couldn't install for a week that screwed me really bad with TT 2001. The user interface was easier too.

Let the newest dinosaur die with the rest of them. Switch to Taxcut.

good post leejend... would also go as far as to say that it's because of Taxcut that turbo tax stopped being "a holes"

I make a post trying to pass on some info on some changes made to a program this year verus last year and the facts I have come across - now there's poopie brought up about a program from two years ago - and what problems certain individuals had with their systems - aw the heck with it - ya'll know so much - why bother??

well dy, we appreciate the info.

we're just discussin is all...jus discussin

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back