Tungsten E Hot Sync Problem

R32

OSNN Newbie
Hi, I have not performed a Hot Sync for about 6 months and will not connect to the computer anymore. My palm was completely discharged. I have tried uninstalling the Palm Desktop and Hot Sync manager as well as resetting the device itslelf but it still wont connect. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

can you charge it now? i had the same problem with my clie... i had to recharge it, then hard reset before it would recognize it... all data will be deleted so make sure you back up your palm folder on your comp...

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
Are you using Serial or USB? Have you configured the proper connection in the Hotsync properties?

I would do an un-install, as well as delete the files from C:\Palm. I am pretty sure that is the path, although it may vary. The uninstall still leaves files behind that you would want to delete to ensure a smooth re-installation where everything is re-detected properly. If it is USB, and you have the option, jack it into a new USB port as well.

R32

OSNN Newbie
Thanks chief, I have already tried both of those options and nothing worked, im clueless as to what the problem could be.

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
Create a new user profile on the system, give that a shot. The hardware/software should be independent to the user profile. If that works, copy the files from the old profile.

NO NO NO!!! i know what the problem is.... i think -- my clie did that when i was using a faulty usb hub... if you are using a hub, plug it direct, if not maybe your usb cable's messed up...

R32

OSNN Newbie
Thanks for the help everyone, I have tried all the things you have suggested and it still will not work, new USB cable, new user profile etc. Could it be the Palm itself?

doubt it... it sounds like a connection problem between the two... don't know what else to recommend except that there is definetly something between your palm and the comp that is messed up...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut