Tune-Up Utilities vs Ace Utilities

andy_rose

OSNN Veteran Addict
As the title says, what is the best?
I've never been a fan of these all-in one apps as they usually is just a bunch of crap.
But after trying Tune-up, I have found myself installing it every time I did a fresh install. The app is really nice, and does what it says without breaking your computer.
Anyhow, I just saw that Ace Utilities is out with a new version(Vista compatible) and was wondering if you guys have any experience with any of these apps?
Should I give Ace a go??

Personally I'd say neither. Both windows versions are pretty much optimal out of the box. Vista more so.

I use it to correct registry errors and clean out the crap. haven't used ace utilities though.

I'd be wary of utilities that clean the pre-fetch cache though. Deleteing the .pf files actually slows things down :)

What I do want though is a little app that will clean up my start menu of empty folders and dead shortcuts so I don't have to do it by hand :)

I understand this is not to topic but you did mention using it as a registry cleaner. have you tried or used CCleaner for cleaning out garbage files. Its the best out there

I understand this is not to topic but you did mention using it as a registry cleaner. have you tried or used CCleaner for cleaning out garbage files. Its the best out there

Back on XP I use it, but it is still buggy on Vista. In the next few days tho version 1.40 will be out and hopefully fix the Vista problems.
Also a version 2.0 is in the works! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back