Trying to Remove "Comments" from the Menus

N

Neil

Hello. I have read this tweak but I don't have the LameButtonEnabled in my registry. Is there another option for doing this?

Remove "Comments?" Link from title bar TOP
Start Regedit.
Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Control Panel > Desktop
Once there, locate LameButtonEnabled on the list on the right.
Right click on it and select Modify
Change the value equal to 0
Reboot your computer and the comments link will be gone!

Thanks
Neil

I had a search through my registry (XP Pro) and it doesn't have that entry either. What you can do is create it. **Back up your registry first.**

Run "Regedit", go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Control Panel > Desktop, rightclick the "Desktop" folder and choose New/DWORD Value, enter LameButtonEnabled as the name, the value will default to 0. Continue on with your instructions from there. I'm not sure which "Comments?" you mean, so I'm not sure if it works or not, but so far it has had no adverse effects. I have my reg backup just in case. Let me know if it solves your problem.

I don't know either, Neil, maybe someone will do a jpg and put us out of our misery. :D

Don't quote me on this but I think this tweak was for pre-release beta copies of XP. The "Comments" link was removed for the full release.
:rolleyes:

Actually I think is what I want is to remove the "tool tips". Is this possible? When you mousover everything you get a tool tip and for me persoanly that is a nusence. :(

Has anyone seen such a thing in there travels of the net?

open up your registry and go here:-
HKEY_USERS\########\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced
and make a DWORD and call it
EnableBalloonTips
and set the value of it to 0.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back