Trying to price components

Khayman

I'm sorry Hal...
Political User
At the moment i'm looking around at some components to piece together a new PC. All i need is a CPU (and heat sink and fan) and motherboard (as i have the rest).
Nothing flashy, middle of the range and reasonably cheap

I was considering a ASUS A7V8X with Athlon 2800 (with Cooler Master Aero 7+) which i found for (all in) £176.54

Does anyone have any better options and/or prices?

LeeJend

OSNN Veteran Addict
The A7V8X does not support dual DDR. You can get an Nforce2 chipset ASUS board for close to the same price that will support dual ddr. ABIT also has a good family of nforce2 chipset boards.

Make sure whatever board you get supports Dual DDR, 400 mHz FSB and 400 mHz RAM. Especially with a 2800 cpu.

Khayman

I'm sorry Hal...
Political User
any particlaur models i can look at for comparisons sake? GA-7N400E-L?

Dubbin1

I Like Cheese
Khayman said:
At the moment i'm looking around at some components to piece together a new PC. All i need is a CPU (and heat sink and fan) and motherboard (as i have the rest).
Nothing flashy, middle of the range and reasonably cheap

I was considering a ASUS A7V8X with Athlon 2800 (with Cooler Master Aero 7+) which i found for (all in) £176.54

Does anyone have any better options and/or prices?
If you want to stay cheap and still have a killer PC then you cant beat the Barton 2500 ($90) and the Abit NF7-S ($94.99) both from newegg.

Xie

- geek -
Dubbin1 said:
I take it that means that newegg dont ship there :confused:
Does Newegg.com ship internationally?
Newegg.com does not ship internationally. At this time we only ship within the United States and Puerto Rico.

Dubbin1

I Like Cheese
Xie said:
Does Newegg.com ship internationally?
Newegg.com does not ship internationally. At this time we only ship within the United States and Puerto Rico.
Well then Khayman's only option is to move :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey ep!

All good with me, applying for microsoft mvp right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by comming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier, mine is perriscalderon at gmail
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelPowers