Trying to disable users loging on & not logging out

• Thread starter swallowbush
  • Start date
S

swallowbush

Is there a way for myself, admin, on a home computer running xp pro, to force users to log their id's off the system. I run irc and am trying to keep my eggdrop running correctly, but when the users log out they often leave explorrer on and we all know about popup hell, it bogs down my system and BAH. what to do.

when you say explorer do you mean Internet Explorer or actual Windows Explorer?

how about they like to run programs. ie winamp, ie, outlook, anything that isnt full screen, and log off (not out)

disable quick user switching or whatever. u loose the pretty screen with the pictures and they have to type there name and password in everytime they get on the computer from then on out but they can't just leave stuff running anymore.

Yes, i did that but i heard you can change some settings to allow only the admin to stay logged on. i dont mind the quick logon (which if disabled turns off the ability to stay logged on...). i just want the users to be disallowed to stay logged on.

you could see if there is a program that logs you off if you have been idle for long enough

so you are saying there isnt a way? ill keep my eyes open and let you guys know if i find it. Peaces

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back