Trust Newegg's OEM products?

MC82

Procrastinator
So I got scammed by someone on ebay. fun fun. trying to get it back through Paypal, but thats besides the point.

Right now im trying to get a hold of a processor and everywhere I look, the Athlon 64 3500+ winchester is out of stock, the only ones I can are OEM versions.

my question is:
Would you buy a OEM verison (from newegg) or should i just keep looking till i can find a retail version so i can get a hold of the 3 year warranty?

Newegg is a nice place even for OEM, you can get the newegg warrenty for one year after your 30 day for OEM, I would go for it if you are going to over clock(viods warrenty anyway)

that makes sense, thanks.

what about a recommendation on a quiet heat sink/fan?

Are you going to over clock or not? If so I would go with a higher RPM fan, if you are going to stay at a stock speed then just about anything will do(probably 10-20 bucks)

Try searching eBay for the stock AMD fanand heatsink. Mine works just fine, but I dont OC

hi,
im running a 3200+ winchester core cpu, and i am using the xp-90, personally i think its the best bang for buck, its silent and does an extremely good job... it also cools the ram because it over hangs so its basically doing 2 things for the price of one :)

hope that helps..

I always buy stuff from newegg as OEM. Makes my life easy, and second i have never had anything break in the 3 year period, ALWAYS after the 3 years warranty are up.

If you are overclocking get a nice big heatsink, with a nice big fan. I personally have a ThermalTake OverSizedJetLoudFan fixture :p.

I would wait to get the retail version...the oem prices on processors aren't very much different and you would get the 3 year warranty for the processor just in case. also you can just pay the money for a heatsink and fan after buying the retail cause the prices aren't that much different like I said earlier

I believe on many sites if you purchase an OEM processor along with a heatsink, you generally get a standard 1 yr warranty upgrade automatically...

I bought mine retail simply because I wanted a 3 year warranty for my processor when it came out, and there was only about a 3 dollar difference in price...

newegg has a pretty good quality setup and they are very good (in my experience) with replacing defective products and the like...

since the winchester IS newer tech, consider getting something with a little longer warranty (either with the HSF or getting it with the newegg warranty or buying retail)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back