true lanuch bar question? move?

fantasi

My Yngy is My HoneY!
Hi,

my question is how do you move the icons to display what you want. I try drag and drop it doesnt work. Is it locked or somethin? please advice.

They are shortcuts stored in the directory :-
C:\Documents and Settings\%USER%\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch

To adjust the size you have to right click the taskbar and deselect lock the taskbar.

Rushm001 he is talking about true launch bar not quick launch, with this you can chose any folder as your directory. In order to use the drag and drop with true launch bar the buttons have to be unlocked. If you are talking about making the icons more visable in the task bar instead of a menu type appearance then yes you have to unlock the taskbar and drag it ..

fantasi said:
Hi,

my question is how do you move the icons to display what you want. I try drag and drop it doesnt work. Is it locked or somethin? please advice.

TLB can be locked, and so you need to right-click and unlock it if that's the case. My favorite thing to do with TLB is to create menus that emulate the Start Menu on the taskbar. I've created several different ones filled with shortcuts... one for apps, one for games, and one for the Control Panel. The best way I found to do this was to create a folder somewhere (I put mine inside the TLB program folder) and put all of the shortcuts there. Then when I went to create my menu in TLB, I pointed the new menu to that folder. If you ever need to edit the menu, you actually browse to the folder itself to make the changes. Hopefully that helps you out... I know it's kind of hard to explain without screenshots etc. :)

Hi,

attached is a avi of what im talking about. Its incoded in DIVX im sure u guys/gals have them installed.ok you play the video, you can see me showing that it is indeed not locked as its not checked. Then you can see me try, drag and drop to the one below. i hope this helps.

Attachments

• tlb.zip
    287.7 KB · Views: 36
maybe it has soemthing to do because of the menu thats popping up is just that you have mmore icons than space on the bar. its best to make a folder of shortcuts, then make menu on tlb, then when you click a menu will poup and there you can re-arrange the icons as you like.

fantasi, you need to do what sboulema and I both suggested in our posts. Create a folder somewhere on your hard drive and throw all of your shortcuts in there. Then create a new menu in the TLB program and select "Create Virtual Folder." Browse to the location of your shortcut folder, select it, then hit "Create." You will then have a menu where you can drag the icons around as you like, etc. This is the best way I have found to use the program.

Expand the taskbar to show all of the icons and then try it .. also unlock the taskbar. Well you have to do that to expand the taskbar anyhow lol..

ok i did all the above, and nope its not budging. Lock unlock, make new folder with icons, unlock taskbar.....all to noavial...arrh stupid true launch bar. ill keep trying but in 1wk if no working.....unistall time..
thx for the help so far guys....really appreiated...if any more tips/hints please post...1more week to trial it

a1ehouse said:
Fekin' Dumass
And what is that supposed to mean ? little bit snippy are'nt we. If you are'nt going to help properly don't help at all. Attitudes like that are not needed ;)

Ahem.

Johnny said:
And what is that supposed to mean ? little bit snippy are'nt we. If you are'nt going to help properly don't help at all. Attitudes like that are not needed ;)
*IF* it was a demo version it works in full. He was "trying but in 1wk if no working.....unistall time.." not trialing.

The only time I hav come accross this (and I am a regular at the tlb board) is when people are using *PIRATED SOFTWARE*. NTFS doesn't condone it's use either. RTFM.

Thankyou please.

:rolleyes:

a1ehouse said:
Ahem.

*IF*it was a demo version it works in full. He was "trying but in 1wk if no working.....unistall time.." not trialing.

The only time I hav come accross this (and I am a regular at the tlb board) is when people are using *PIRATED SOFTWARE*. NTFS doesn't condone it's use either. RTFM.

Thankyou please.

:rolleyes:

Such posts do not help to solve the problem. Calm down please.

Cleaned up this thread a bit.

Keep swearing down, read the NTFS.org rules again, it states no flaming of other members.

Thank you,
X-Istence

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back