True CPU speeds

• Thread starter CrAsHeRKiDD
  • Start date
C

CrAsHeRKiDD

Yesterday i bought a

"Athlon XP 2400+" CPU... Installed fine but now on bootup it's reading it as 1800+ and under system properties its saying its 1.5GHZ

Can anyone shed any light into whats going on?

Thanx

what mobo r u using? did the mobo support 2400+?
check ur bios settings...

Dont know what motherboard im using but i know it supports 2400..

My bios settings are stuck on 1800+ and i cant change any of these settings.

did the mobo auto detect the fsb?
or u manually set it?? it should run as 133 X 15 ...!

No idea mate i just built the PC and turned it on ;) ;)

last time... what amd cpu did u use?? and btw it will be alot more easier to help if u can let me know the board!

The manufacture's name and motherboard model might be displayed as the BIOS goes through its post routine. use pause!

ASRock K7VT2 Series Motherboard hope that helps :)

Last CPU i used was a celeron

Hmmmm

I know nothing about that.. I dont even know where to look for the jumper switches :(

Thanx a lot

I did that and it did boot up at 2400+ and was running at 2HGZ

But then my PC restarted itself and then wouldnt start back up again... i got some memory allocation errors on my windows login screen

Any ideas?

can the pc boot up? or it prompt error msg on the login screen?
gtg... i'm gonna late! it's 7.30am now and i have to go to my frens house b4 8....

Yea the PC boots fine... Its just a error message on the longin screen about memory allocations or something and i click OK and my PC restarts again..

Check if that FSB jumper change also changed the memory speed setting.

What memory type are you using?

DDR should be 266Mhz or higher with a 133 MhZ FSB.
SDRAM should be 133 Mhz memory not 100 Mhz.

If you haven't changed the BIOS it should have the timing set for CL2.5 which is fine for any memory. If you set the memory to high performance it could have set CL 2.0 which requires better grade memory to be stable. Check the memory timings.

in ur bios, set the sdram frequency to auto... ok gtg! ;)

no offense but wouldn't it be an idea, next time, to learn a bit about hardware before building a PC? :confused:

no offense either, but isn't that what he's doing THIS time (learning more about hardware)? Hey, you gotta start somewhere.

Anyway good luck with the k7vt2. A good basic cheap board to learn the ropes on!!! I had some troubles trying to push the memory too far, so definitely set the mem settings back to cas 2.5 and see if that helps. If I remember there's a bios setting to reset everything back to basic default that you might want to try if you've been mucking about and don't remember exactly what you played with.

kip

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back