troubleshooting Leadtek K7nCR18D Pro

K

krmanning

I'm trying to find the problem with my other computer, based on the Leadtek MB. Keep getting BSOD and lockups requiring a hard reset at random times. I've tried reseating the memory and the graphics cards, made sure all cables are well seated, etc. I've ordered a new stick of memory to try replacing that, so we'll see.

Now the problem, or at least my question. In device manager, under system devices, I have a yellow exclamation mark next to motherboard resources, and properties for this device says that no drivers are installed because it duplicates other resources. There are 2 other lines for motherboard resources that appear to be functioning OK. I tried uninstalling that line, but then Windows doesn't seem to know anything about the IRQ setup (nothing listed under View Resources by Connection - IRQ). The next time I reboot, the motherboard resources with the exclamation mark is back again. Everything else seems to be functioning OK. Currently there are no cards in the PCI slots.

Any suggestions for fixing this thing would be appreciated.

Leadtek K7nCR18D PRo, AthlonXP 2000
256 MB DDR 2100, 1 stick Ram
nVidia 4200, 64MB AGP 8x
WD 60 GB HD
onboard sound, LAN
Win XP home
350 watt power supply (generic, came with case)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back