Troubles

Richy

Beyond All Comprehension.
Hey everyone I was just stuck at a problem so I figured someone here could help me. Anyway, I have this Biostar M7NCD MB that I put in my new comp and, after redoing all the jumpers, I finally got a screen to setup the board. So it says to go into setup by pressing F8 or something and it doesn't work, so I press F10 to exit and save, so it does that and takes me to the hardware monitor. After I got there, I was stuck.... It just tells me the CPU fan speed and system fan speed and stuff, then at the bottom it says "Verifying DMI Pool Data"...... "Update Success" But thats all it says. It won't do anything after that. No keystrokes will get me out of this, and I just wanna get back to the MB setup so I can get my new computer up and running. Does anyone know how I could fix this problem? Even if I restart it just takes me right back to the hardware monitor.....

Well, no I never tried resetting the CMOS but I did get the problem fixed. But now that im in a thread I might as well ask another question because I have another problem. I installed my windows xp pro on my comp.... and usually it asks me how I will connect to the internet and I can enter my IP and DNS server and stuff like that, but it didn't ask me that this time..... So I went into Network Connections to set it up and after I go through the checklist on what kind of internet it is, it always tells me "Your broadband connection should already be configured and ready to use. If your connection is not working properly, click on the following link" Then it links you to help and support where it only tells you to right click on your connection and repair it, but I don't have a connection set up yet! Thats whats really frustrating, it says I have a connection, when the internet doesn't work, and the only way the computer says to fix it is if I repair the so called "already existing connection", thats not even there. Any ideas on how I could set up my DSL without this happening?

Nevermind.... already figured it out.... lol :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back