troubles installing XP... :(

M

mark_f

i've tried to install Win XP on my system, and during the first reboot i get the following BSOD message:

'STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error}
The Session Manager Initialization system process terminated
unexpectedly with a status of 0xc000026c (0x00000000 0x00000000).
The system has been shut down.'

i know the error '0xc000026c' is to do with a Device Driver, but i have no idea what and where the problem is on my PC.

my system specs are:

homebuilt, MSI 815E Pro (MS-6337) mainboard
Intel Celeron 733MHz
326MB SDRAM
20GB Fujitsu HDD, 1GB Quantum Fireball HDD
17" Samsung SAMTRON 75E CRT monitor
64MB nVIDIA GeForce2 MX 400, Detonator 29.42
Creative Sound Blaster Live! Value
Pioneer 16x DVD-106S

any ideas? thanks

thanks for replying. i was thinking it could be the RAM, but i've tested it and it's ok; also, my computer is fine when i'm running Win 98SE (which i am at the moment).

the only thing is i've had to reposition the RAM because of a new heatsink on my CPU. the fan clip extends above DIMM1, so i can't install any RAM there. could the position of the RAM be disagreeable with XP?

i also installed XP on the same HDD in another computer, and the installation went ok. when i brought the HDD with XP back into my system, the same error appeared.

ah, so it's the position of the RAM. that would explain why the HDD worked in another computer, but not in mine.

thank you, catch23. you're advice was good advice, and now i have XP installed :)

i had to remove my PowerCooler fan and put back my Intel one to use DIMM1.

UniSol, thanks for your ideas, too. but i'd already read that particular Knowledge Base article and ruled it out of my situation.

thanks again, catch23

Catch got that one from Dial-a-date-mobos

"What do you look for in a mobo?"

Catch: "well I like mine attractive, funny and large space around the CPU bracket.

oooooh.... :) thats a low blow...

-sets up camp with popcorn awaiting unisol's witty response-

this should be fun :D

at least the Intel fan is about 1000rpm slower than the PowerCooler fan (quieter :)

i appreciate your superior knowledge, catch23.

when will people learn not to trust MS.

this may sound DUMB but if you don't trust MS... and don't want other people to trust MS... why the hell are you using an MS operating system?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back