trouble with keyboard and ps2 port

G

gmagnuson

first off i have to appoligize for not using capitol letters but as i am about to explain it is impossible right now.

my keyboard stopped working, i tried several other keyboards and get the same resault. my keyboard is pluged into the ps2 port in my computer, i was able to get my keyboard working by pushing it really hard into the ps2 port. it is giving me so much trouble. i hate to go get another motherboard. has anyone else had a simmliar problem. thanks.

Ouch, that don't sound too good, still got the mobo warranty? or maybe you could give em a call, their number will be in the back of the manual?

Skazz

try a USB keyboard. you can get an adapter from PS2 to USB. try it and see if it works.

The keyboard must support USB to use USB afaik. So the adapter might not work.

just use a usb keyboard in the usb port the hid driver is better anyway. i stopped using ps/2 ports years ago:happy:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back