trouble accessing some websites

illmaticone

OSNN Junior Addict
Hello I haven’t been on this website for a long time since it was xperience.org (years ago) I went by the name canibus. Anyway I’m glad I found this site again and re-registered.

I also have a problem I hope some of you can help out.

here is my situation
wireless router 3 pc's wired 1 laptop wireless
on all of my wired connections I can access these website http://www3.sunysuffolk.edu/index.asp

and
http://optonline.net

how ever on my wireless connection I cannot access either of them.
I just reinstalled windows xp home on the laptop today, running IE

at one point i could access optonline.net but it just stopped working. so i formated the system and i still cant access it, but now i cant access sunysuffold.edu which i used to be able to access but since the format i cant ( i need that site for school )

Any ideas? This is really bugging me out

Thanks guys

make sure all your computers are using your ISP's DNS and not your routers or private network's DNS.

Also check to make sure they are getting valid IP addresses, not 169.x.x.x

wwwdjrcs said:
Also check to make sure they are getting valid IP addresses, not 169.x.x.x

they are vaild 192.16.x.x i will check what the other guy said about the DNS. i will be by the laptop this weekend and will post results around staturday thanksfor ur time guys

My guess is also DNS.

To verify, you could open the command prompt from the laptop and ping 66.54.17.31 -- this is optonline.net. If you get good replies then it is DNS-related. If you can ping it, you could even enter that IP in your browser and the site should come up.

i had this problem with my linksys. somewebsites just wouldnt load for some reason. upgraded the firmware on my router and it fixes it.

celticfan11 said:
i had this problem with my linksys. somewebsites just wouldnt load for some reason. upgraded the firmware on my router and it fixes it.
It is a linksys router i will have to upgrade the firmware this weekend i wont be near the network till this weekend

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back