tron 2.0 screenie

I was accually just watching "Electronic Playground" and they were talking about this game. It might be pretty good!

Originally posted by bman™
I was accually just watching "Electronic Playground" and they were talking about this game. It might be pretty good!

oh it is :)

see my version number ?

I took the screenshot right near the end of the game... and it is bloody good.. far better than the POS known as Jedi Knight : Jedi Academy.... yah.. whatever...

I traded JA for tron 2.0... best trade of my life :)

tron is a lot of fun and a heck of a lot of different things needed to win..

Yah, the game looks quite nice. Is this game going to be strictly PC only?

from what I have read and watched on tv, yes..so far it is.

Originally posted by kitct
Nice! The demo is fun. :)

the demo does not do the game justice :)

some of the light cycle races and jumping puzzles are a little off... but the game is quite interesting and you choose your path... either brute strength or finesse (ie long range weapons)... but stealth is a no go... the enemy AI and the game design does not really allow for any stealth... at all..

played it, finished it two weeks ago!

it rocks!!!

you will get more out of it if you are a fan of the tron movie, because its a little square, and the scenery doesn't change much..mainly the colours. but its still a wicked cool game

Originally posted by Sexo um pato
played it, finished it two weeks ago!

it rocks!!!

you will get more out of it if you are a fan of the tron movie, because its a little square, and the scenery doesn't change much..mainly the colours. but its still a wicked cool game

did you notice who the main character's father is voiced by ? alan one ?

:)

yup... mr boxleitner himself :D

and mercury was voiced by rebecca-romign stamos... yup... thats mystique for you :D

the scenery is deliberately like that... coz its inside a computer... but I really enjoyed overclocking the baby and feeling the effects :D

Wow - I think I finished Tron 2.0 about 3 or 4 weeks ago. I played it like a crack addict it was so fun.

It really had the most immersive gameplay I've experienced in a while - it started to feel like I was in the TRON universe...

It got really easy for me near the end because I figured out what the best weapon is. :)

I think it was called "repeater". It was the one where you could throw three disc at the same time when it was at "GOLD". Take that and throw in the zone (for headshots) and the generic weapons upgrades and I was unstoppable. Having multiple discs can keep an enemy from being able to fire...

Also, some things were justs wasted upgrades/points. Like Data Transfer (etc). I figured out what was not that necessary early on.

One of the best games I've played in a long time - start to finish. :D

Originally posted by Vorpal
Wow - I think I finished Tron 2.0 about 3 or 4 weeks ago. I played it like a crack addict it was so fun.

It really had the most immersive gameplay I've experienced in a while - it started to feel like I was in the TRON universe...

It got really easy for me near the end because I figured out what the best weapon is. :)

I think it was called "repeater". It was the one where you could throw three disc at the same time when it was at "GOLD". Take that and throw in the zone (for headshots) and the generic weapons upgrades and I was unstoppable. Having multiple discs can keep an enemy from being able to fire...

Also, some things were justs wasted upgrades/points. Like Data Transfer (etc). I figured out what was not that necessary early on.

One of the best games I've played in a long time - start to finish. :D

I kept single disc... and used the LOL on all the enemies... with the little virus thinger @ gold as well...

that basically killed their shields and what not and their weapons were ineffective due to the added energy charge :)

I'll try it again with the repeater @ gold though... should make it more interesting

:eek: looks like I was typing drunk in my other reply.. hehe

I think the 3 disc software was called "sequencer".

Yep, the ability to hit an enemy several times in a row with multiple discs kept them from being able to return fire most of the time. Every time they get hit, they're stunned for a brief second and unable to fire. It really felt good sometimes when you were fairly close to an enemy and pounded them hard three or four times in a row (rapid fire baby!). Although, having a 'gold' LOL (sniper rifle right?) was critical in a few areas (like the data storage area where you were retreiving pieces of an email).

Even with one disc though, the powerup that let you zoom your vison was amazing (because headshots killed instantly and at 'gold' level you could really zoom in from far off).

I'll try it again with the repeater @ gold though... should make it more interesting

:D Man, that's a good idea you have there... I should play it again and go with a different weapon system. It's very rare that I'll play anything a second time. Too bad the ending was so totally lame. :(

I'm having such a good time with the SP of HALO though right now. I think I'll finish that and go back to TRON (although I just bought Freedom Fighters too and after playing it for 30 mintues to try it out I was really impressed and looking forward to playing it next.... :p choices choices).

Puzzles, mazes, puzzle-mazes, it's got it all!

I liked it at first, but geez! It's driving me nuts every time I have to look for a permission that I needed. After three hours of looking, I usally find it as part of a puzzle, or in a maze. Enough with the puzzles. And the mazes.
Stupid Oculus lens alignment crap...

It is cool how all the bad guys are Insane Clown Posse, though.

Originally posted by HandyBuddy
Puzzles, mazes, puzzle-mazes, it's got it all!

I liked it at first, but geez! It's driving me nuts every time I have to look for a permission that I needed. After three hours of looking, I usally find it as part of a puzzle, or in a maze. Enough with the puzzles. And the mazes.
Stupid Oculus lens alignment crap...

It is cool how all the bad guys are Insane Clown Posse, though.

wow...

:)

I went through it no problems coz I sort of checked everything out first...

as for the lens... best thing to do is line up 1 and 2... 2 and 3 or 1 and 3 and then rotate till it matches the last one... its quite easy...

:D I had a throbbing headache at the time I wrote that; I'm in a better mood now.

Here's a more objective opinion now that I'm happier:
The puzzles are still annoying in spots, but they are tolerable. Overall the game captures the feel of the movie very well, and its a lot of fun. I recommend it fully.

Didn't want to turn anyone away from such a worthwhile game.

Originally posted by HandyBuddy
:D I had a throbbing headache at the time I wrote that; I'm in a better mood now.

Here's a more objective opinion now that I'm happier:
The puzzles are still annoying in spots, but they are tolerable. Overall the game captures the feel of the movie very well, and its a lot of fun. I recommend it fully.

Didn't want to turn anyone away from such a worthwhile game.

I thought the puzzles where stupid and easy... But, there really weren't any puzzles in the game. 99% of the game was "key finding".

Actually I can only think of one puzzle off the top of my head and that was when you had to rotate those communication relay points and make the right program run into the matching open port until all four of them where in the ports. I don't think that one even qualifies as a puzzle it was so lame and easy.

As for the keyfinding... I thought it was a pretty linear game and I don't remember any "mazes".

:rolleyes: Not trying to be a jack-arse... just the way I remember it.

Originally posted by Vorpal
I thought the puzzles where stupid and easy... But, there really weren't any puzzles in the game. 99% of the game was "key finding".

Actually I can only think of one puzzle off the top of my head and that was when you had to rotate those communication relay points and make the right program run into the matching open port until all four of them where in the ports. I don't think that one even qualifies as a puzzle it was so lame and easy.

As for the keyfinding... I thought it was a pretty linear game and I don't remember any "mazes".

:rolleyes: Not trying to be a jack-arse... just the way I remember it.

It's not like I'm an obtuse caveman or something. I just had a headache and no patience for anything. Good game :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back