troj harnig.gen

aznxcp4lyfez

OSNN Newbie
i have a huge problem i got the trojan harnig virus and i was using avast it didn't do much to stop it so it messed up my computer and i scaned with trendmicro's online virus scanner and deleted the files but right now when i right click on my desktop and goto properties i only see screen saver and settings the rest of the tabs disappeared can anyone help me =\
thanks in advance

The trojan you have is a "Hijacker" try using a antispyware program
like Spybot S&D or Microsoft Anti-Spyware to make sure the trojan is completly gone. you might also run "Hijack this" and post a log here on the forum.

well i already did a spyware scan and everything is gone and here is my hijackthis log
Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 5:20:18 PM, on 5/2/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Maxthon\Maxthon.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\will\Desktop\HijackThis.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avast!] C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AtiPTA] atiptaxx.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Disk Keeper] C:\WINDOWS\system32\Services\{725EDAFE-3B61-440B-B5F7-C7BC104AA7D6}\SECURITY.EXE
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
O16 - DPF: {74D05D43-3236-11D4-BDCD-00C04F9A3B61} (HouseCall Control) - http://a840.g.akamai.net/7/840/537/2004061001/housecall.trendmicro.com/housecall/xscan53.cab
O23 - Service: avast! iAVS4 Control Service (aswUpdSv) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: ATI Smart - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ati2sgag.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Antivirus - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Mail Scanner - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe" /service (file missing)
O23 - Service: avast! Web Scanner - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe" /service (file missing)
O23 - Service: RadClock - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\RadClock.exe

The only thing from that list that I would check out is RadClock. It may well be benign, but I haven't seen it before, so it's worth checking.

It looks like something has removed some of your system files. I'd try running sfc from a command prompt to try and restore any missing system files. To do this go to Run on your start menu and type cmd and click OK. Then type "sfc /SCANNOW" (without the quotes) and press enter. This should check your system for any missing/corrupt files.

when you run the above that Nick stated, make sure you have your Windows disc available tho :) you may need it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back