Triple Booting system

coathanger007

Tomorrow Tweaking Today
I have previously been able to run a triple booting system by installing windows ME then Phat linux then editing msdos.sys to include:
cls
echo (W)indows or (L)inux?
choice /c:lw /n /t:w,5
if errorlevel 2 goto ender
c:
cd\phat
linux.bat
:ender

Then installing WinXP which detected both OS and incorpoated them into the boot menu.

Does anyone know how to create a triple booting system if I have already installed XP and want to add lycoris linux and Win ME?

i triple boot 98, XP, and RH8

from my experience you have to install 9x first, then XP, then Linux.

XP will make the bootloader for the Win OSes and Linux will take charge of booting into either linux or windows. USe LILO

Agreed I run a 5 boot system and in order for it to work you have to install the microsoft products first (each on there own partition is a good idea) even if the parition is only 2gb. On mine I run. Windows 2000 Professional, Windows 2000 Server (because I am learning it in class) Windows XP (primary OS) Windows 2003 server because I have the eval copy and I am checking it out and Red Hat 9.0 linux(learning unix/linux). I had to install the ms products first then linux. when I installed linux first and then microsoft the lilo boot option disappeared.
Polar

Install 98
Install Xp
Install Linux (choose to put bootloader on drive not MBR)

Install GAG Bootloader

http://gag.sourceforge.net/

This is the way I normally install multiple OSs. Using GAG avoids all the headaches that LILO and GRUB can cause. They do not always detect the primary drive where the NT bootloader resides. And if you don't know how to change that manually, it can be a headache.

It's a lot easier using PartitionMagic 8 as it's got a feature to install another operating system. I used it to Install Windows XP Home and then Windows XP Pro and then Windows Me and then use the BootMagic included to choose which operating system to start.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back