trillian vs. icq/aim/msn/yahoo individually poll

C

cam

was wondering how many of you use trillian or the individual programs.

cam

I hate to say it but Messengers built in, That's what I use... maybes there's something t that lawsuit after all I've tried Trillian for about 3minutes a few months ago, maybe I need to try it again...

The "To hell with them if they can't use Messenger" attitude could pottntialy have some drswbacks...

I think it rocks. I tried Odigo out which claimed to do the same as this and kept getting the boot from aol. So far no problems.

Ok... here is da deal...

Trillian is cool... way better than all the other programs that combines 3rd party IMs...

but its still missing out...

I use it to combine Y!IM and maybe ICQ sometimes... I miss out other options from AIM if I use it like (File Server) and mIRC's advance allies and custom scripting and ICQ's file system...

These options needs to be in there, then I can start using Trillian only... and also need the MSN's alert options and all the IM's Chat option and Talk option. Hehe I ask for too much.. I have yet to see these features.

I use MSN Messenger and AOL IM.

I use many of the MSN built-in thingys, but the primary thing was my family didn't like to use Trillian over what we use, so I went back.

Its not a bad program, but you can lose out on some MSN functionality...

Its got great potential though, I'll keep my eye on it...I might try it again soon in the future. I'm certain its changed some since I tried one of the early versions...

the file xfers have been implemented. so its even better now ;)

yes it does lose some functions from msn or icq, but how much of that crap do you actually use? outside of video chat i cant see much they're missing. they key to trillian is to cover all mediums using a minimal amount of ram. icq does the opposite by adding tons of pointless features

cam

Trillian is a great program. But needs to more customizable. I dont like the IRC portion of it. I hate that each channel opens into a new window. Then when you put it into a container. When you shutdown the container no longer there.

Originally posted by Sinster
Trillian is a great program. But needs to more customizable. I dont like the IRC portion of it. I hate that each channel opens into a new window. Then when you put it into a container. When you shutdown the container no longer there.

While we are on the container subject.... I thought I was the only one to miss that thing in my taskbar... hehe

i dislike the irc portion too, after using mIRC for 4-5 years im kinda hooked on it ;)

cam

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back