Trillian Astra:

ShepsCrook

Red Sox Fan!
Has anyone else become a beta tester for Trillian Asta? I just got my notice today that I was accepted. I like it's new style and features. Pretty slick, not to mention the online based version of it as well.

http://www.ceruleanstudios.com/ap/

Here's a peak at the main contact list:
00.jpg

And here's a shot of the message window:
01.jpg

All in all, it looks like they've revamped it's skin. The main preference section looks the same as Trillian 3.1, but an added feature of Trillian contacts and profile.

There is a new feature called Themes. All this does is give you a list of different colors you can change Trillian into. The above "Theme" / Color is platinum.

I think this is a long awaited revamp to a great program, but they will need to add more to this program to bring back the masses.

I'll try to give updates in new features and changes to Trillian as they are released.

Last edited:
waste of time... if its not WPF i am not interested anymore..

WPF?

I have been stuck with WLM just because I have it customized just right and I really only have Msn accounts, no need for other stuff. But it looks much better then the older Trillians.

WPF = the interface style for vista used in vista-based applications (i.e. Yahoo Messenger for Vista).

I think this is a long awaited revamp to a great program, but they will need to add more to this program to bring back the masses.
Wasn't there a pretty long list of new features on the teaser page they launched a few months ago? Maybe they haven't implemented many of them yet. It looks like a pretty good start though.

I don't mind Gaim (it's what I currently use), but GTK+ apps look so out of place on Windows, especially on Vista, with the old "battleship gray" menus and dialog boxes. I've always wanted a libgaim-based native Windows client, sort of like Adium for the Mac. Like GEN3RIC said, a nicely designed WPF multi-protocol IM client would be awesome. :)

I did apply for the beta awhile back, I guess they don't like me :( :p

B, WPF stands for Windows Presentation Foundation.

NR, and I don't think they are going to release a version built around WPF. It would be nice though. [=

Sheps: i'm not quite sure you can make a WPF SKIN...... if anything it'd be maybe a transformation pack (if that's even possible with a single application)..... but it'd probably use a helluva lot of resources like that.

I don't know either but there are a lot of added features that I'll try to post more about or any updates.

With a name like "Asta" as in I am guessing "La Vista" they should be using all the cool technology from Vista

NR, and I don't think they are going to release a version built around WPF. It would be nice though. [=
Yeah, I know they aren't. I was just hoping someone would. :)
I'm just waiting for that new version of Yahoo! Messenger in the meantime.

Has anyone else become a beta tester for Trillian Asta? I just got my notice today that I was accepted. I like it's new style and features. Pretty slick, not to mention the online based version of it as well.

http://www.ceruleanstudios.com/ap/

All in all, it looks like they've revamped it's skin. The main preference section looks the same as Trillian 3.1, but an added feature of Trillian contacts and profile.

There is a new feature called Themes. All this does is give you a list of different colors you can change Trillian into. The above "Theme" / Color is platinum.

I'll try to give updates in new features and changes to Trillian as they are released.

so how about sending me a link for the beta? :)

Well, downloading it is pointless unless you have an approved ID and serial that they provide for you when you go to launch Trillian Vista.

Looks good, some nice features in the newest version. I went back to Trillian cause Gaim was to boring for me.

I signed up for betatesting, but didn't get picked. I never get picked :(

^ Same here

Would love to check it out, but looks like I will have to wait for an open beta or final release. I only applied for the beta about a month ago, maybe less.

I applied with a few names and only one of them was picked. So who knows. :)

Used Astra, did not like it. Just more of the same crap and it would have been much more interesting had it been released sometime in 2004.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back