Trillian 5 beta download ...

I installed it and so far I like it. It look nice and clean. They made some improvements to it that is for sure ..

I installed it and so far I like it. It look nice and clean. They made some improvements to it that is for sure ..
Ooo,
This is snazzy, Im glad its a Beta too, and not like Astra where they kept it an Alpha build for like 4 years. Although, maybe we should start a pool as to how long this will be before the final version is released :D. Does anybody know how the purchasing pro works? If I buy it, can I use the license on one machine or can I use the pro license on all four computers? Cuz 15 dollars (special sale price) isn't that cheap, and it certainly wouldn't be worth it to spend 15 dollars for use on one machine. Although if i buy pro now, I do get pro of trillian 5 for free... Thanks Johnny!

I've been running Beta 5 for about a week now. I've had 2-3 random disconnects but other than that it seems to be hanging in there. It even still handles the old v3 skin I've been using. Granted, I pretty much just use it for AIM...

I don't like the facebook integration quite yet. All it does is read and not let you go to the post or make a post in the client itself. But, it is beta, so I am sure they will get it figured out. I do know it is a lot better than Astra ..

Indeed, I've only tried it on my netbook so far, so I haven't really gotten a good representation of it on that 10 inch screen. May install it on my laptop and will definitely install it on my desktop today (extension cable supposed to be here today)

I actually opened this thread and thought "What the hell was the name of the last one they were working on that never really even got a full public release?".... Astra. Is kinda funny seeing as that was first announced when Vista was released, or due to be released.... but never really GOT released as far as i'm aware....

I'm just really hesitant to use Trillian anymore..... now it's usually just Pidgin.

Astra got a full release about a year ago. It never really had a beta stage it was in Alpha for like 2 or 3 years, so this is already a step ahead of Astra. Im willing to give it a shot, seems slim and shiny.

Yea... but if i remember correctly, even when they released Astra... it wasn't entirely considered a completed release.... it was just more of a "Well, it's been in alpha too f*cking long already, let's just get the thing out the door" kinda ordeal.

Yea... but if i remember correctly, even when they released Astra... it wasn't entirely considered a completed release.... it was just more of a "Well, it's been in alpha too f*cking long already, let's just get the thing out the door" kinda ordeal.

This new one is nothing like Alpha. They took out all the stupid BS, like the widgets and the like, and made it lighter and less crashing. It is a nice little unit. It is just beta, but when it is done, I think it could be the best they released to date.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back