Trillian 3 Sneak-peek: amazing!

NetRyder

Tech Junkie
Wow, it looks awesome! They've added so much stuff.
smile.gif

http://www.ceruleanstudios.com/sneakpreview/

Edit: Video conferencing is now compatible with AIM, MSN, Yahoo, and iChat AV!

is this the next pay to use?

edit...wow it seems like the only thing you lose is video chat!

As before, there will be a free and a Pro version. The Pro version looks like it will be well worth it though.

Tuffgong4 said:
edit...wow it seems like the only thing you lose is video chat!
There are some other features missing from the free version too, although most of them are not absolutely necessary. Lack of plugin support is quite big though. Even then, the free version looks like it's going to be a very strong product too.
smile.gif

yah i cant wait
i never mind giving money for a great product to a small company like cerulean studios :)

Preview and post it on the front page NetRyder :)

sraycoz said:
yah i cant wait
i never mind giving money for a great product to a small company like cerulean studios :)

I love Trillian Pro, I dont mind paying for it, its a great program and v3 looks awesome.

The installer is for both basic and pro.
We won't be posting links to it here tho, as I have spoken with Cerullian and while there is now nothing that can be done about it now, we won't be posting links here.

Is damn cool tho, saved and replaced my 2.x version.
Got a few gripes with it, but am looking forward to providing some feedback and getting the suggestions in.

As for talking about it - go ahead! No NDA was signed :)

Jewelzz said:
Preview and post it on the front page NetRyder :)
Unfortunately, I'm not one of the official testers, so I don't have a copy yet. I was just going by the screenshots and feature-list of the site.
I'd really like to try it soon. Lucky EP! :p Any idea when it's going to be released?

Edit: Just saw the public download posted on the frontpage. Damn sweet! :D
Edit2: I'm on a terrible connection right now...will have to download it when I get back home later tonight.

I got it but haven't installed it yet. I am hoping they fixed the file transfer problems in this one ..

is the pro version the only one with video support? if so, can i video chat with an msn client or the other paarty needs to have trillian too?

Can't wait. I've been using the current version of Pro for a long time.

Daeron Tinúviel said:
is the pro version the only one with video support? if so, can i video chat with an msn client or the other paarty needs to have trillian too?
Yes, only the Pro version includes video support. And no, the other person doesn't need to have Trillian. It works between Trillian and MSNM/Yahoo/AIM/iChat.

Kr0m said:
EP, what gripes do you have with it?

I would like to hide the IRC button as I don't use it and I would like the ability to set templates for exactly how I want my chat windows to appear.

Electronic Punk said:
I would like to hide the IRC button as I don't use it and I would like the ability to set templates for exactly how I want my chat windows to appear.

You can hide the IRC medium icon, if thats what you mean. Goto plugins and uncheck IRC.

I'm using Trillian 3 Pro, so far its ok. Altho I noticed when you sort the contact list by service it doesnt work, wlel for the offline contacts like Trillian Pro did. Also, Id like the option of overriding my contact's font selection which I think was in the last version.

But other then those I havent found much I dont like.

I just hope Aikon3 gets updated with some of the new features.

Ah, I see what you mean ace.
By default the chat window now has room for one line, won't stay resized either - :(

O and another thing, the Invite user to convo. It should list the friendly names I put not the real screen name, less confusing that way.

I'm trying Trillian Pro 3.0 right now. What is this new service called "RENDEZVOUS"? It was added and I seem to be online on it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back