Trillian 3 Sneak-peek: amazing!

Rendezvous is some sort of IP based chat system, it only works on your local network.

For those that know more about it...

Is there a stand-alone version of Rendezvous, so I can install just that software on a comptuer, and I don't have to install Trillian on all the computers in order to get them all Rendezvous compatable? Thanks!

ahh. Thanks. Is it IP based? Or a Windows network based? If it was IP based, it'd work over the internet.

EDIT: bah, I guess it's only through local networks since it uses the Samba computer name.

Rendezvous is an implementation of ZeroConf. It basically detects the presence of other entities on a network without the need to tinker with configuration settings.

You can do all sorts of cool stuff with it (collaborative editing in SubEthaEdit for the Mac, clipboard sharing using Spike on Windows etc.) The Trillian thing is very neat as well. :)

Just hope some of the old skins will get update the standard one with version 3 is horrible. Very much hoping for a microscopic pro new skin to come along :)

Right - now I am a Miranda user but on my new rig there were some Miranda teething issues so I tried Trillian....

It is fairly cool, but a little more "fussy" in looks which I do not like. And there was one killer problem I had - seemed to me you could connect to AIM OR ICQ, but not both, because the same connection is used for each. This makes is useless to me. Or have I got something wrong? I agree with sentiments that this sort of thing is worth a small shareware fee.... but looks like my money is going to Miranda right now.

I am sure Admiral or NetRyder will put me straight if I was using trillian wrongly though ;)

You can connect to both, you have to open the connection manager and add the appropiate medium. (Not sure what version your using.) To access the manager, right click on any medium and click on Connection Manager.

NetRyder said:
Rendezvous is an implementation of ZeroConf. It basically detects the presence of other entities on a network without the need to tinker with configuration settings.

You can do all sorts of cool stuff with it (collaborative editing in SubEthaEdit for the Mac, clipboard sharing using Spike on Windows etc.) The Trillian thing is very neat as well. :)

What is Spike NetRyder? Where can I download it? Thanks!

GMeagle86 said:
What is Spike NetRyder? Where can I download it? Thanks!
Spike
Very cool software.
smile.gif

Thanks!

Is there a Windows version of a program that is compatable with Mac's Rendezvous? Thanks

GMeagle86 said:
Thanks!

Is there a Windows version of a program that is compatable with Mac's Rendezvous? Thanks
Rendezvous isn't really an application in itself. Other apps like iTunes, iPhoto, iChat etc. make use of Rendezvous to make seamless (i.e. zero-configuration) network connectivity between devices possible.

If you use iTunes in Windows, you're already using Rendezvous when you use the shared music feature. This works between Windows and Mac systems since it's essentially the same app. Trillian Pro 3 implements Rendezvous-based chatting with people on your local network, similar to the way iChat does it on the Mac. Spike uses ZeroConf (Rendezvous is essentially Apple's implementation of this) and works on Windows and OS X.

I have the pro version and i love it. i upgraded from the ver2 free. i am glad i upgraded. the interface, is first rate. best money i've ever spent on software.

Taggert_LOA said:
I have the pro version and i love it. i upgraded from the ver2 free. i am glad i upgraded. the interface, is first rate. best money i've ever spent on software.

O YA!!! :D

just installed trillian 3 and i have to vent.....

i have multiple msn accounts and i added them to trillian and the dam program merged my contact lists.

now each msn has the same contacts

sigh

read all the popups everyone to avert this disaster.

no way to reverse this

Yeah, Trillian did the same with my @ntfs.org account ages ago.
So much for a fresh start :)

I believe you need to do the following,

in the Connections area, you have to click "Create a New Section" then add the secondary account in that section, this was it wont merge the two contact lists.

Now I'm not 100% sure. But close like 90%. :)

EDIT: Just tested my idea and it works. I show two buddy lists separately.

Sounds interesting.. what type of features will Pro 3 have?

Electronic Punk said:
Yeah, Trillian did the same with my @ntfs.org account ages ago.
So much for a fresh start :)
scary,

I have my work accounts merged with my personal accounts and all get popups requesting to be added etc....

something so serious should get more attention.

The remedy for me was to uninstall this program...

Now how the heck can i sort out this mess?

60+ contacts are wotk contacts and i have never really seen their email addresses. 30+ contacts are kids i banned for being people i don't know who saw my email address somewhere and added me for fun :sigh:

one account for techzonez had only 2 contacts - now it has over 100 and do you know how suxor it is 2 delete a contact?

What did you do EP to sort out this mess?

i am seriously thinking of closing my msn's down and starting new.

By default this program should never merge a contact database.
here is a search at trillian
http://www.ceruleanstudios.com/foru...howresults&searchid=966021&sortby=&sortorder=

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back