Transparent?

failurbydesign

music MUSIC music
Political Access
My pc can run vista, but for some weird reason, my windows are transparent, but my task bar isn't anymore..why is that???

Attachments

• weird.jpg
    weird.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 138
My task bar isn't transparent...

Vista Ultimate on my machine...

The taskbar is transparent when all windows are minimized or the active window (or windows underneath) are not maximized.

FBD, are you using the default Aero setup or have you applied another visual style? Because that window is really transparent so I assume you applied another visual style (which is likely the cause).

no other programs running, and just the default theme or style. nothing changed..it weird how it used to work, now it sucks...

Ray, as I said above, the taskbar is transparent when all windows are minimized or none of them are maximized.

FBD, when did it stop working? What changed? Did you try resetting to the default window color?

I had Logitech Harmony remote installed and once I removed or shut down the program my transparency came back.

The taskbar is transparent when all windows are minimized or the active window (or windows underneath) are not maximized.

FBD, are you using the default Aero setup or have you applied another visual style? Because that window is really transparent so I assume you applied another visual style (which is likely the cause).

CORRECT

My is always Transparent cause I patched the theme files and added a theme...

Ray, as I said above, the taskbar is transparent when all windows are minimized or none of them are maximized.

Mine isn't tho, and as far as I am aware, hasn't ever been. Weird.

What are your index scores for Aero? My notebook scores a 2.0 for Aero (crappy drivers) but still appears transparent.

5.9. The other translucencies work fine (windows etc) but just not the taskbar.

I think I know what's going on for you. I think your wallpaper is too dark at the bottom. Try changing to a lighter colored wallpaper (the black and white wallpapers included with Vista work really well).

I think I know what's going on for you. I think your wallpaper is too dark at the bottom. Try changing to a lighter colored wallpaper (the black and white wallpapers included with Vista work really well).
Bet thats for me too.
Ill try to change it.
My score is... sigh 4.9 stupid memory :p

That is what my taskbar looks like, all the time though. Not dependent upon programs open or not, hang on, let me change the backdrop.

Ok,
Heres the Dillio,
You were absolutely correct on it being the backdrop.
And the program thing open.
When the programs are open, it looks the same, BUT when you look very closely, the bar is transparent when the prgrams is closed.
Is there a way to change the transparency?

You would have to "patch" the uxtheme.dll file and then you can download after market visual styles, some of which give you maximum transparancy.

You would have to "patch" the uxtheme.dll file and then you can download after market visual styles, some of which give you maximum transparancy.
Hmmm, i dont think I will be messing with it :p.

Here is another Screeny, the backdrop has to be, high color or distinct between colors.

OOO
that is so weird,
if its an explorer thing thats open (my docs, etc) then it stays transparent.
Thats neat!

Screenie
http://www.sanitysdemise.com/forum/gallery/1_05_04_07_2_12_34.jpg

Right, windows can be open but if any of them are maximized then the transparancy disappears.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back