Transparent?

failurbydesign

music MUSIC music
Political User
My pc can run vista, but for some weird reason, my windows are transparent, but my task bar isn't anymore..why is that???

Attachments

Vanquished

Mr. Bananagrabber
Political User
My task bar isn't transparent...

Vista Ultimate on my machine...

madmatt

Bow Down to the King
Political User
The taskbar is transparent when all windows are minimized or the active window (or windows underneath) are not maximized.

FBD, are you using the default Aero setup or have you applied another visual style? Because that window is really transparent so I assume you applied another visual style (which is likely the cause).

failurbydesign

music MUSIC music
Political User
no other programs running, and just the default theme or style. nothing changed..it weird how it used to work, now it sucks...

madmatt

Bow Down to the King
Political User
Ray, as I said above, the taskbar is transparent when all windows are minimized or none of them are maximized.

FBD, when did it stop working? What changed? Did you try resetting to the default window color?

Sinster

OSNN Senior Addict
I had Logitech Harmony remote installed and once I removed or shut down the program my transparency came back.

omg its nlm

lvl 17 Hax
The taskbar is transparent when all windows are minimized or the active window (or windows underneath) are not maximized.

FBD, are you using the default Aero setup or have you applied another visual style? Because that window is really transparent so I assume you applied another visual style (which is likely the cause).
CORRECT

My is always Transparent cause I patched the theme files and added a theme...

madmatt

Bow Down to the King
Political User
What are your index scores for Aero? My notebook scores a 2.0 for Aero (crappy drivers) but still appears transparent.

ray_gillespie

Staff member
Political User
5.9. The other translucencies work fine (windows etc) but just not the taskbar.

madmatt

Bow Down to the King
Political User
I think I know what's going on for you. I think your wallpaper is too dark at the bottom. Try changing to a lighter colored wallpaper (the black and white wallpapers included with Vista work really well).

Vanquished

Mr. Bananagrabber
Political User
I think I know what's going on for you. I think your wallpaper is too dark at the bottom. Try changing to a lighter colored wallpaper (the black and white wallpapers included with Vista work really well).
Bet thats for me too.
Ill try to change it.
My score is... sigh 4.9 stupid memory :p

Vanquished

Mr. Bananagrabber
Political User
That is what my taskbar looks like, all the time though. Not dependent upon programs open or not, hang on, let me change the backdrop.

Ok,
Heres the Dillio,
You were absolutely correct on it being the backdrop.
And the program thing open.
When the programs are open, it looks the same, BUT when you look very closely, the bar is transparent when the prgrams is closed.
Is there a way to change the transparency?

madmatt

Bow Down to the King
Political User
You would have to "patch" the uxtheme.dll file and then you can download after market visual styles, some of which give you maximum transparancy.

Vanquished

Mr. Bananagrabber
Political User
You would have to "patch" the uxtheme.dll file and then you can download after market visual styles, some of which give you maximum transparancy.
Hmmm, i dont think I will be messing with it :p.

Here is another Screeny, the backdrop has to be, high color or distinct between colors.

OOO
that is so weird,
if its an explorer thing thats open (my docs, etc) then it stays transparent.
Thats neat!

Screenie
http://www.sanitysdemise.com/forum/gallery/1_05_04_07_2_12_34.jpg

madmatt

Bow Down to the King
Political User
Right, windows can be open but if any of them are maximized then the transparancy disappears.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey ep!

All good with me, applying for microsoft mvp right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by comming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier, mine is perriscalderon at gmail
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2mytru