• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Transparent

SkazzyUK

XP-erience Oldie
Ok, how exactly do I make one of my signatures transparent, rite I choose transparent backround and make it but it don't be transparent do I have to save it as a gif? or does it work as a jpeg?

Skazz

H

Herkalees

.gif & .png are the only two that support transparency. .png's will be much larger in file size, but offer better image quality.

Kevin Ar18

OSNN Senior Addict
Originally posted by Herkalees
.gif & .png are the only two that support transparency. .png's will be much larger in file size, but offer better image quality.
PNGs can actually be around the same size as GIFs. It just depends on what type of PNGs you use.
PNG can actually function in two different modes (there may be more, not sure). They can have a pallete that is limited to 256 colors just like a gif image. This produces lower quality pictures comparable to a gif with a similar compression level to a gif. On the other hand, PNGs have an added option to display true color or all the colors (whereas GIFs don't have this option). This method makes for a larger file size, but an accurate image.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies