Transparent Favicon.ico For Your Website

kcnychief

??? ??? ?
Political Access
I thought this was pretty interesting ... :D

To make your site look professional you probably want to have a nice favicon. A favicon is the little image you see in the Address Bar when you view a site and may also be displayed on tabs if your browser supports that.
To create a favicon that has some transparency takes a few extra steps but it isn’t that hard. Here are the few things that you need to do:
  1. Create an icon for your site that is either 32 x 32 pixels or 16 x 16 pixels and add some transparency to it. This can be done in Photoshop or many other imaging programs, and when you are finished save it as a PNG image file.
  2. Download png2ico and extract the contents of the ZIP file (here is the homepage for png2ico but they don’t provide much information there). The program does not need to be installed and runs via the command line.
  3. The easiest thing to do is copy the PNG icon that you made in step one and the png2ico.exe file to the root of your hard drive. It isn’t necessary to copy the other files because they are just documentation.
  4. Open the Command Prompt by going to Start -> Run, type in cmd and press Enter. Change to the directory that the png2ico.exe file is located in, which for me is the root of the hard drive.
  5. Now you have to enter in the command for processing your transparent PNG image file and converting it to an ICO file:
    png2ico favicon.ico Icon32x32.png
Source is down atm, I'll link when I can :(

-edit-

Here you go - http://tech.cybernetnews.com/2006/1...ng-a-transparent-faviconico-for-your-website/

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back