Transparency

lancer

There is no answer!
Political Access
Does anyone know how i could make lettering that is saved as a gif or png, transparent in photoshop?

Thanks

ps this is rather urgent so any replies welcome.

Type in the letters you want on a transpent background(make a new one) then when you go to save it as a .gif, make sure the box is checked that says "Transparent". I can go into more detail if you need it be. Hope that helps :D

zeke thanks for the response, but thats not what i mean.

The words are already an image not words, so think of it as an picture that looks like words that i need to make transparent, like if i drew the letter a instead of typing it, how would i make it transparent.

could you upload a screenshot?

i've figured it out, but thanks for the help zeke

lancer said:
i've figured it out, but thanks for the help zeke

Let me know if you need any more help, I studied Photoshop and Illustrator in college, I know them very well.

xtweaker said:
Let me know if you need any more help, I studied Photoshop and Illustrator in college, I know them very well.

I took some class too, they didn't really teach me much of what I already knew :s

I would have said use the selection wand and then press delete, it can be fairly effective though there is the extract option as well under filter which is more effective if the background isnt a solid colour

geffy i was doing that, but for some reason it would not work in rgb mode, so i had to switch to index mode and then it would work. god that was annoying.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back