Transparency in Photoshop 7

Piett

...will circle this city
I'm trying to get the area around my avatar, and in the middle of it, transparent. I don't know where it is in photoshop, and how i thought you did it obviously didn't work. could someone tell me how i get parts to be transparent?

thanks in advance

J

jawshoouh

when it's a quick and easy job, i usually duplicate the layer and make the underneath one empty (Ctrl+A, Delete), then use the Magic Wand to select sections (of similar color) of the top-most layer that i want gone, and hit Delete. if you've got a lot of colors surrounding the section of the image you want deleted (look at all the background colors in my sig and then at the transparant gif in my avatar), i use the freehand select tool and delete the unwanted colors in a most tedious manner--one pixel at a time if need be. then do a Save for Web from the File menu, select GIF, check off Transparent, and you're good to go. maybe i dunno what i'm doin, i never took any photoshop training, but that's how i've been doin it...

cheers :)

M

Monkeh

filter, extract (or something like that)

remember to zoom it to get a smooth border around the object.
or try the magic wand and set the tolarance to 20 or below.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut