Transparancy ?

F

Fabian

I know its possible to make whole windows transparent. BUT

I'd like to know if you can make part of a window transparent?

for example;

Notepad.exe > the text input area.

Is that possible. If so .. How?

I think what you are after is called a 'skin'. I don't know of any for notepad.

Download attachment and overwrite all notepad.exe files. After doing so, you can have transparency. The attached is a program called Metapad, which IMO is better than the regular notepad.

Thanks.
I've seen that around.

But i was refering to notpad as an example.
How about tweaking the registry for other programs?

Like mIRC, MS Word, maybe even the background on image editing programs like Adobe Photoshop.

Thats sort of what i was after.

Oops! That will me teach me to post when I first wake up. lol

Anyways, this program might be what you are looking for - Trans-XP As far as, registry tweak that allow transparent windows, I know of none. Hopefully the program will help you out. Good luck.

mIRC, I believe has it's own options for transparency. I'll look for the option and post once I find it.

mIRC 6.xx has it's own options for transparency. Check the attachment too see where to find the options at.

Thanks again.

lol i should pay more attention, ive been using mirc for ages. it never occoured to me to look.

Yeah I'd love to see that too. Something like winamps overlay or a linux console where you can make it totally transparent and see the desktop, but only the text area. Haven't found a way yet :confused:

yer .. if only i had another box *sigh*

id get mandrake running again.

There are plugins for winamp that will allow you to make it transparent. One of the plugins, that I remember, is called Blue Slider.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back