Transformers Movie 2007!

tdinc

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political Access
release date: The Fourth of July 2007

Transformers, the long-planned, live-action movie based on the robot-morphing cartoon, comic and toy franchise, will roll into theaters July 4, 2007, DreamWorks and Paramount Pictures announced Wednesday. Michael Bay (The Island, The Rock) will direct; Steven Spielberg will executive produce.

This is cool. will bring back my childhood memories :)
Link

Steven Spielberg Media

Samurai Chimploo?

I just started watching that show, still getting into the characters and stuff :)

Wrt the movie, they have already rolled out new Transformers series and product lines are about to hit the market with all kindsa stuff (transforming lunch boxes anyone :D )

Sazar said:
Samurai Chimploo?

I just started watching that show, still getting into the characters and stuff :)

I know its off topic but yes Samurai Champloo is my current Fav:ninja:

Transformers already had a movie
that was 1986..........Steven Spielberg is doing this one its Live....

One thing I discovered is that anime doesnt translate to live action all that well, It'll be interesting to see how Paramount and Dreamworks manage it :)

I am still waiting for a Saga covering the Saiyans in DB/Z/GT.

Live action? Hopefully not but Toriyama HAS to be a part of it.

What makes this different then a movie that would have been released previously is that it's a theatrical film... The anouncement is for it to be released in theaters in 2007...

That said, those of us who were waiting for the Dragonball theatrical film, were to find out latter that it was all a rumor with no actual suggestion. Some companies were considering it, but nothing came of it. All said, that the Paramount is making an announcement sounds good and seems to make it official. Doesn't sound like we'll be running into the same set of developments as were with the Dragonball movie...

BTW, Sazar and tdinc, Samurai Chimploo is one anime I haven't heard of. That said, I haven't bought much in the way of DVDs unless I know what something is. The cable here is somewhat limited wrt anime though Comcast had finally added Anime channel on demand (which is apperently successful in terms of useage, but they won't add the channel) :laugh:

Edit: Saz, check this link. This gives the lattest scoop on the Dragonball live action movie

http://www.dragonballz.com/index2.cfm?page=live

The parties which were claimed (by rumor to be part of it), including FOX mentioned that they were considering it, but there are no plans to proceed...

tdinc said:
that was 1986..........Steven Spielberg is doing this one its Live....
I know, but some things just need to be left alone. Its like american made shows vs japanese ones; when a show finishes its story in japan its over( like trigun and cowboy bebop), when its done making money in america its over(friends, ...and any other). I just think they should let it rest. Maybe it will be good, I dont know, but for the time being I will have my doubts about this

zeke_mo said:
I know, but some things just need to be left alone. Its like american made shows vs japanese ones; when a show finishes its story in japan its over( like trigun and cowboy bebop), when its done making money in america its over(friends, ...and any other). I just think they should let it rest. Maybe it will be good, I dont know, but for the time being I will have my doubts about this

Well, that's not totally true. Toryama wanted to end Dragonball after the Cell Games saga. There were no original plans for the Buu saga... Fans asked for a continuation from what I heard, and Toryama went along with it, up through the end of DBZ...

However, Toryama didn't have a part in the creation of DB-GT, probably largely why there are some discrepencies between it and DB/DB-Z. Toei decided to go ahead...

I've seen a few other series, such as Fist of the North Star, which have been re-introduced... There's now a new Fist of the North Star for instance, with 3 eps which have been on DVD. I heard that Saint Seiya had also been continued beyond the original story, but would have to look into that one further...

I personally dont watch the show, but from what I've seen its a much larger scale than most shows. Transformers had tons of animation problems and it probably didnt stick around as long as DBZ already has

Last edited:
This is based on the old school Transformers, not some new age crappy version right? I loved transformer and would be interested in a movie (yes I'm lame). :p I only ask as they have brought back Voltron (well had anyhoo) and it really really sucked and was nothing like the classic I grew up with.

It won't be the same without Orson Welles. ;)

Melon

melon said:
It won't be the same without Orson Welles. ;)

Or leonard nimoy...heh or even robert stack :) Nothing like a hint of unsolved mysteries and transformers ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back