"Tranquality" Re-Education Camp (MUST READ)

god this pisses me off, just reread part 1. I'm definitely thinking of starting a new movement against this form of education because I am afraid this will become an acidempic if it's so "sucessful".

Myself? When I got out I'd ****ing go back and ****ing choke each every one of them, mark my words.

"When you have a teenager on the rampage, who are you going to turn to?"

So, When your a crappy Journalist who's writing is so banal it makes everyone else wanna puke, who are you going to turn to?

What a horrible story.
People sthat send their children to places like that never seem
to question their own parenting skills or view their children as equal people
with rights like anyone else.
How sad for those kids. Too bad none of them in that article seemed to
have any balls whatsoever.

this is frikin' horrible. these are like crimes against humainity. and you know whats the worst part of it all is that the Kay thinks its all right to pretty much torture kids to the point of submission.

but one question what would drive a parent to send their kid to this place anyway?

Oh God that sick! I didn't reads more than a few paragraphs but that's was enough! Those parents should be sent to jail instead! Real jail! Talk about child abuse! :mad: :mad:

Well I can understand this to a certain extent. And a VERY LIMITED one at that. There are some kids who NEED a program that strict, who really are out of control (watch jerry springer). But the kids that they mentioned in those 2 articals are NOT! Those kids are from failed parenting, and that program is nothing more than a brain washing center.

Sorry to say this but in this day an age, parents legally can not punnish their kids. If you spank your child, it is considered child abuse and you can be put in jail. Period. If you yell at a child you can be arrested for metally abusing your child. Our legal system is nuts! And this is the cause the these "out of control" kids.

Now, myself I would NEVER torture my children by sending them to a place like that. If I ever even thought of it, I am a very poor parent and am not fit to be a parent.

But I know of some extreame cases where a place like that may be the only way. I will type out an example if anyone wants to hear it.

Oh it's serious, and I'm feeling an urge to take that **** down

Originally posted by Zedric
Oh God that sick! I didn't reads more than a few paragraphs but that's was enough! Those parents should be sent to jail instead! Real jail! Talk about child abuse! :mad: :mad:

You should know, if you have enough money, you don't go to jail, but apparently you can send your children to one.

Originally posted by Smoke286
You should know, if you have enough money, you don't go to jail, but apparently you can send your children to one.
Yeah don't I know it. It's still sick.

Maveric169: You may be right about the extremest cases, but that decision should never be up to the parents alone to make.

I’ve just read the entire article and associated links and it reminds me of various institutionalised (brainwashing) organisations operating in the early 1950’s and late 1960’s, of which I attended.

Some (like National Service in the UK) provided very similar education for the wayward youth and was also universally hated by those who did not want to attend. Then there was the “lets educate” brigade of the 1970’s to 1990’s, which brainwashed many a young lad/lady into the “cult status” of whatever was the belief of the moment. You’ve seen the outcome of these on television.

Utah seems to be a breeding ground (in the US) for these types of operations and as I used to be associated with a large (pseudo religious) organisation in this vicinity would like to propose this view.

There is no replacement for the family (mother and father) and a loving family relationship. Yes there are problems and arguments and sometimes these can be nearly violent, but pseudo religious/corporate or “socially aware” departments of governments can’t replace them. I know that in the UK there are many one-parent families (whom the state has encouraged thought the social security system and it’s rules and payments) but we are not (the human race) designed to live this way at least not yet. This particular organisation that parents of “wayward children” resort to looks to me to be cry for help without taking on the responsibilities that all parents have to their children by doing what they have always done “paying money” to resolve the situation. It won’t they need to give themselves.

:) :) :(

Originally posted by Zedric
Yeah don't I know it. It's still sick.

Maveric169: You may be right about the extremest cases, but that decision should never be up to the parents alone to make.

I agree with you there. The decision should be made collaboritly^sp with parents, psycolgist^sp, and a judge if the child is that out of control to warant sending them to an institution like that. And even then it should only be the last resort, after everything else has been fully tried.

(I can't spell today)

God...some people just don't need to be parents. No, instead, I think they need some "re-education" of their own.

If my parents had ever done this to me, I would get my revenge by sending them to the most abusive nursing home with the worst record of care and the highest incidence of abuse. What goes around comes around....

God...this is so sick!

Melon

Originally posted by melon
God...some people just don't need to be parents. No, instead, I think they need some "re-education" of their own.

If my parents had ever done this to me, I would get my revenge by sending them to the most abusive nursing home with the worst record of care and the highest incidence of abuse. What goes around comes around....

God...this is so sick!

Melon
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL! Melon you think like me!

On a serious though, it is entirely wrong and I don't think it'll last too long

What really sucks about these so-called "camps" is that the very same goverments that created the laws that prohibit a perent from punishing their children are the very same ones that have allowed these "camps" to florish.

If it were still like when I was growining up (1960's and 1970's), any problem child or teen that was seriously a pain to all with total disreguard for their parents and society in general, they'd get an ass beating. Me as a parent have smacked my kids on some occasions and without what is "true" abuse. I didn't spank nor smack them for pleasure. I only would if they really screwed up or were disrespectful in a very bad way.

There is nothing like scarin the sh!t outta yer kid to keep them in line. :p

But seriously if we as parents can not be permitted to disipline our children then we are doomed to see more and more of these so-called "camps" to continue to florish and be popular with parents that are at wits end with their children. Think about this: a parent has an eleven year old son/daughter that is an obnoxious disrespectful vulgar sh!t of a person. Insulting and even using bodily harm to torment their parent(s). You (A)... smack him/her upside the head and or spank the crap out of them. Which in turn I might add will put you the parent in jail for child abuse if the little prick calls the police. And then you want to beat the crap out of them even more which makes it that much more bad for you and the police. Or (B)... You suffer with the abuse which is also a form of physical and mental abuse but of the parent. Or (C)... you finally give up, unknowing how or what to do and you are on the verge of a total breakdown, and you send him/her off to one of these "camps". What you get back is a zombie of a child (that's if the child makes it through the "camp" without commiting suicide) that may not even function in society anymore and most definetely has resentment towards the parent(s).

So what is there left to do?

Damned if you do (punish them yourself)

Damned if you don't (suffer with their abuse and see how long you can hold out without going insane)

Damned if you send them off to "camp" (you guess the results to that decision)

I think disipline them early, but not abusively nor heavy handed. Always be there for them, smack them upside the head when they get seriously out of hand. If you lose control... you're screwed.

They have to respect you but also be afraid of you and they will grow up beautifully. :p

And yes my Children are young adults now ... they respect me (to a point :p ) and they respect people around them and yes, they are afraid of me. :D

You hit the nail on the head gonaads.;)
It's all about moderation.

We are born wild animals and conditioned into society.
After all, if people mis-behaved without fear of punishment there'd be no need for Police, Courts, Law in fact the whole judicial system, purely on the basis of being able to reason with the perpertrator. (In the instance of a small child this is fruitless anyway as right-brain activity tends to dominate thought process at an early age hence the lack of analytical judgement and reasoning).

Instead even as adults we are required to behave in a civilised manner and in accordance with rules. Those that don't usually wind up receiving some sort of repercussive punishment for their actions. If capital punishment doesn't deter a murderer from commiting the crime, then no deterrent will and unfortunately that's life.

You are always gonna get weirdo's, psycho's and the like 'cos of genetic diversity and poor parenting etc. No punishment works with such people as they're normally in the realms of mental upheaval/disturbance and thus not of clear thought or deed, however it doesn't mean the rest of society wants to deal with them so they're punished to deter a recurrance.

What so in the case of the eleven year old gonaads mentioned for example?. If the child is of sound mind but unruly I say the parent has no choice but to punish that child, however that should have been done years ago in the formative years. If it had i'm confident the problem wouldn't have arisen.

If a very young child is told not to do something and it deliberately disobeys, it's usually them testing the water to see how much it can get away with. If the child repeats the same process despite warnings, the threat of a smack is not innapropriate. Not following that threat up undermines your own authority. Follow that threat up and you have a sulky child for a while, but no harm is really done. Psychologically the parent has won the battle of will's and therefore is in authority. You only need do it once or twice then they usually get the idea that if you threaten them with it, you'll more than likely do it so it's not worth the chance.

Anyway i'm waffling and have digressed off-topic for a while, but yeah, the idea of these camps is all wrong. As someone else said earlier, it's the parent(s) who have failed, and the punishment should be their's.

Maybe if for the "shock treatment" value, these parents that have gone the way of these "camps", they should be sent to them as a way of seeing first hand what they are subjecting their children to. As an actual "camp inmate" :p

That would certainly get their brain moving in another direction. :D And it would serve them right too.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back