Totally bizarre quirk

G

G|ass

This is the most bizarre thing I've ever encountered on the PC. It started about 4 days ago. It was about 12 midnight, and I thought I heard music very faintly. It only lasted for a few seconds, but I noticed it was "Only Time" by Enya, and I figured it may have been coming from upstairs. The next day, I heard it again, and this time I happened to see on my PC's clock that it was 12:06 AM. Next night, 12:06 AM on the dot, again I hear Enya's "Only Time" very faintly. Now just a few minutes ago, it happened AGAIN, at exactly 12:06 AM. I's coming from my PC. WTF is going on?!

Virus?
Spy/adware?
Some form of timer for winamp/media player installed by someone else?
some random app installed by someone else?
you forgot your medication?

It does sound rather wierd, hope you find out what it is so you can let us know just in case our machines ever go all spooky on us :D

this sounds like a joke someone is playing on you

check scheduled tasks

are you 100% sure its coming from your PC? try turning off the speakers while it plays... I'm sure if it happens every night at the same time, you could either sit and wait for it to happen and check the open processes at the time, or turn the PC off at 12.05 (avoiding the 12.06 problem :p)

I've never heard music from mine before but sometimes it speaks :eek:
I can never figure out what it says though :confused:

My evil plan to take over the world is beginning to work. Muahahahahahahaha.......

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back