TOTAL XBOX NooB:) (but not a PC noob) :)

metalhead152

OSNN Junior Addict
Okay I got a chance to borrow my friends xbox and hes wanting to sellit to me, but the problem is that he had it a month ago and it stopedworking, said "its like the laser stoped working, and no game could beplayed" now he tryed playing it again (about another month later) andit works fine, he wants to sell it to me for 75 bucks (canadian) withone game and one controller? Im worried that it might stop workingagain and Ill get screwed:) should I buy it or whats the prolem withit?:)

Also question outta knowwhere, can you play against a friend with xbox live through the internet or LAN on a PC?:):):)

-Thanks a lot:)

You can buy spares seperately, but when you attempt to get into the case you will blow the warranty. But having said that, for $75 bucks its a steal, come to mention it a replacement drive may cost you more :p

Naturally, make sure he confirms the drive is working before laying down your cash.
Had my xbox 2 years and haven't had a single problem with it...

...Except KOTOR, silly game crashed for the end cutscene :p

You can play 'online' without xbox live I thing there is two programs xconnect and kai kai (I think thats what its called) not sure if you need the xbox modded..do a google search, there is a lot of info on it.

Gamespy also have a tool to simulate xbox link gaming.

okay thx ill serach for the program, I think that would be awesome,
Another wuestion, If I plugges the xbox into my router would windows xp reconize that its there or is the program absoulty nessisary?:)

THX AGAIN:)

I'm asuming you only got your xbox chipped.

I would seriously suggest getting the xbox 'slayer' cd (from the usual places!) this includes a ftp client.

I then just use flash fxp to connect to my xbox...to transfer music/games/films etc.

It also comes with xlink kai so you can play games over the internet, xbox media center etc...it then completely opens up what you can do with your xbox.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back