Total Mouse and Keyboard Freezing in games

Z

ZeroChaos

I'm running Windows XP Pro, Pentium 3 800Mhz, 256MB RAM, GeForce 2 GTS using Nvidia driver version 2.3.1.1. The mouse and keyboard are MS Intellimouse Explorer 3.0 with MS Intellipoint 4.0 software. My keyboard is a MS Internet Keyboard running XP driver, 5.1.2600. The computer was brought as a whole package from Fujitsu Siemens, but I replaced the mouse and keyboard at a later date with the ones mentioned.

Often, when I play games, the mouse and keyboard completely freeze and I'm unable to use them. In fact, I'm writing this because I just had another freeze in GTA3, where the character just kept moving in the last direction before the freeze. It happens in several games I play, like CS, GTA3 and Unreal (The original, not UT.) I have absolutely no idea why it happens, it comes up random but often and is extremely irritating.

The only way I can get rid off it is holding the PC's Power-On button for a 5 seconds, pressing the normal reboot button on the PC only brings back the keyboard. I'm thinking of reformatting, but if there's a solution you guys can come up with, I'd be grateful.

Its the explorer mouse

I had the same problem on my old PC and new one and its a fault with the IntelliMouse Explorer

How long have you had the mouse?
My mouse sensors etc. wore out after a few months and now mine is useless. Ive gone back to a proper wheel mouse now .:mad:

I had a similar problem with the logitech optical mouse when I installed the new drivers for it.Try uninstalling the mouse drivers and keyboard's.Use the XP ones.

Right then, time for a nice Logitech mouse then, thanks for your help :)

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back