torrent help

Andy

Meep.
i just downloaded a program in torrent form, and it has appeared on my hd as 5 folders, each containing about 30 .rar files, a .r30 and a .sfv file. each rar file contains a .bin and .cue.

i have tried extracting the .bin and .cue files, but they all have the same name (due to the fact that they are all supposed to add to one huge .bin or .cue so it can be burnt to cd) and are therefore asking if the file must be overwritten, which i do not want.

i was instructed to open the first, and let it extract, and it should automatically extract data from the next. it does NOT.

any help would be nice.
thank you.

THIS IS NOT A WAREZ QUESTION. IT IS A WINRAR QUESTION.

Ok, if you have 30 RARs then the first one must be *.rar . Open this one with winRAR and it should automatically collate all the date from the other RARs (keep them in the same folder).

Now, simply drag and drop the .bin file somewhere and it should extract it. Watch out for CRC errors etc, a dialogue box will pop up if anything is wrong.

Edit....yep, first one is *.rar (not *.r00)

with RAR split archives, open the .rar file and tell it to extract, this will then extract the required file and will step through the other parts of the archives as it goes

in other news, warez is bad

bin cue files are primary used for warez... nuff said

Isn't the 1st one of package usally .rar ? Also I would suggest doing CRC check ( "test" button) on the .rar or .r00 if you don't have a .rar one and it should auto check them all to see if you have any corrupt files which would make it not unpack correct.

Also most ppl w/ legit software and even "modern" warez ppl don't put things in 30 files split between 5 folders. :p

... what a mess :rolleyes:

who mentioned warez?

anyway, its nothing to do with warez. im asking about winrar.

you brought it up... I would have but you got to it first.

Originally posted by PseudoKiller
bin cue files are primary used for warez... nuff said

Primarily....but not exclusively!! Give the man the benefit of the doubt!! As i'm sure you'd expect in a similar situation.

Originally posted by Teddy
Primarily....but not exclusively!! Give the man the benefit of the doubt!! As i'm sure you'd expect in a similar situation.

thank you.
ps. the warez are burning now.

:eek:

are warez discussions allowed here? for future reference i mean. i believe no.

Originally posted by Teddy

yeah man I know what I said... if I didnt give him a break I would have closed this thread. Now get off my case. sheesh

Originally posted by hybrid
thank you.
ps. the warez are burning now.

:eek:

are warez discussions allowed here? for future reference i mean. i believe no.

No warez discussions are NOT allowed here...

fair enough.

thanks for the help guys. if you do think im talking about warez, close away, i think this is working.

if not, thank you for your trust. it touches me. deeply...

Originally posted by PseudoKiller
No warez discussions are NOT allowed here...

I apologise PK....damn him!! Wont bother sticking up for people in future! :eek:

I'm not accusing really ... but very few "few gigs" iso's ... dvd rips are basically all that come to my mind ;)

Funny how threads never turn into bull-crap warez discussion until someone makes an accusation.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back