Tornado in Birmingham

LordOfLA

Godlike!
Well, seems this went by the uk news as an "also happened" but as its quite close to where my folks are I've been following it with a hawk eye.

Seems everytime I get back to London from Birmingham they get all kinds of exciting things going on and I keep missing them.

anyway for those interested there are pictures here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/birmingham/content/image_galleries/tornado_gallery_Copy.shtml?1

Knowing the age of the buildings in question I'd say they were pretty resilient. Atleast compared to some of the american houses in similar classed tornados.

That is because the American tornadoes only hit Trailer parks.:laugh: The equivalent of a Pikey campground.

Looks to be well weathered there though, you English are a hardy lot.

I take it that its not normal for tornados in that area?

*looks out side*

i see two tornadoes and a sh*t load of hurricans coming..

*puts on helmet* (continues to surf the web)

VenomXt said:
*looks out side*

i see two tornadoes and a sh*t load of hurricans coming..

*puts on helmet* (continues to surf the web)

LOL That's the spirit!

TittleBitties said:
I take it that its not normal for tornados in that area?

Its rare for tornados to arrive in england nerver mind tornados of that magnitude, I'm aware of 2 in my 24 years of life.

:)

LordOfLA said:
Its rare for tornados to arrive in england nerver mind tornados of that magnitude, I'm aware of 2 in my 24 years of life.

:)

Actually, if you watch the news a lot, you'd probably hear that it's not uncommon to find tornadoes in the UK. However, you'd hardly hear anything about one unless it's headline news on national tv rather than it being just on a regional news programme.

There are more tornadoes in the UK per square mile than in the USA... so I am told.

well yeah, you guys are on an itty bitty isle!:)

33 tornadoes a year, most of which dont even make f1 grade hardly counts as anything to shout about.. and 99.999% of which are so far away from a city that no-one except the guy walking underneath one will notice :p

However one can come get the girl outside singing badly any time it likes :p

heh its the neighbours :p Better not say anything incase I need them to take a delivery at any time in the future :p

Tornado was pretty bad.. went to inspect the damage post-tornado (the tornado-run was about 3 minutes drive from my house) - couldn't get into half the roads, cordoned off :( - went again late at night, bricks, stone and everything all over the road - trees uprooted - 100 odd year old primary school had majorioty of it's room most probably lying on the ground floor of the building.

Don't get that kinds stuff happening here in b.ham, was quite imense :s

MdSalih

Tornados in England... can anyone say "extreme climate change"

Im telling you, it's the real life "day after tomorrow" starting :eek:

Electronic Punk said:
There are more tornadoes in the UK per square mile than in the USA... so I am told.

thats the craziest **** ever heard. Oklahoma and nw texas/kansas have the most tornados on the planet period ..which is why its called tornado alley.

Unleashed said:
A tornado hit Birmingham... it caused £10 million in improvements.

ROFL ..i wonder if it hit greenbo too .. bubba/gump shrimp is starting all over.

trainmaster77 said:
thats the craziest **** ever heard. Oklahoma and nw texas/kansas have the most tornados on the planet period ..which is why its called tornado alley.

We also have a lot more land. The keyword is "per square mile". The US still has the most tornadoes total of any country by a longshot. Certainly not something anyone would like to brag about considering that tornadoes that would be commonplace in the US at certain times of the year would become headlines in the UK ... such as this one.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back