Top Gear TV presenter critical after crash

Evil Marge

I Rule
Political User
I knew some of you guy's are avid Top Gear watchers.
TV presenter critical after crash

Top Gear presenter Richard Hammond is critically ill in hospital after a crash in a jet-powered car while filming for the programme.

The 36-year-old presenter was taken by air ambulance to Leeds General Infirmary's neurological unit.

A North Yorkshire Ambulance Service spokesman said he was unconscious when they got to the scene and a hospital spokesman described him as "critical".

The Top Gear shoot was at the former RAF airfield in Elvington, Yorkshire.

Inspector Mike Thompson, of North Yorkshire Police, said: "At 5.45pm this evening we received a report via the fire service of a male person trapped in what was described as an overturned jet car which had been driven on the airfield.

"The male occupant has received serious injuries and has been airlifted to hospital at Leeds."

Former Top Gear presenter Quentin Willson said the presenter was "irreplaceable".
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/north_yorkshire/5365676.stm

Well there's always a risk in those sorts of things. Unless there are complications I don't imagine anything too bad will come of it.

If you always did safe things life would be pretty boring :)

Dublex

Quazatron R6 droid
I agree, and even if he did die, at least he died doing something he enjoyed - not that I think he will die at this stage in any way.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ganster